Calendar, featured image and featured events

Hello,
I would really appreciate your support.
I am trying to make a list of events on a page - with featured event on top.
I am also trying to show featured image for every event - adding the image from the back-end and it is not working.
And the third problem I currently have is - I want to add calendar on the side of the events list and single event pages.

Thank you very much,
Elisey Kolev

• aecnu

Greetings Elisey Kolev,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Thank you for bringing these items to our attention but you have not described in detail what the issues are or perhaps errors etc.

You have just mentioned what you are trying to do for the most part.

Have you by any chance read the usage documents for Events +?

I am trying to make a list of events on a page - with featured event on top.

I am not aware of a featured event feature? Have you tried using a single event short code to display your featured event? i.e. admin dashboard --> Events --> Short codes --> single events short code?

I am also trying to show featured image for every event - adding the image from the back-end and it is not working.

How is it not working? It will not upload or? Are you embedding it within the body of the event or using the featured image?

And the third problem I currently have is - I want to add calendar on the side of the events list and single event pages.

Have you tried to use the Calendar Upcoming widget ~or~ a Calendar short code in a widget to display them on your side bar as you mentioned you want to do?

Please advise and let me know how it goes.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings Elisey Kolev,

Thank you for your additional input which is appreciated.

For the first problem we will try your advice

Acknowledged.

for the second I am using the featured image option of the plugin. Though when I am adding an image it does not show in the events list.

I am trying to get my head wrapped around this one - you mean you want an image present in the events list?? Can I please have a screen shot of exactly where you are referring to?

For the third problem - We are currently not using sidebar nor widgets, is there any way to add it as an element in a post / event?

There are indeed many calendar short codes to choose from or more accurately calendar short code attributes.

Are they not working for you or?

Please advise.

Look forward to hearing form you in any event and have a GREAT weekend!

Cheers, Joe