Calendar Formatting lost when changing months...

I have the calendar on my site.

Please advise why the formatting is changing (and how to fix it) when you go from February (works)

https://www.publicaffairsjobs.com.au/learning-centre/training-calendar/?date=2014-02

to March (looks ugly and is all over the shop):
https://www.publicaffairsjobs.com.au/learning-centre/training-calendar/?date=2014-03

Thank you.

• Karen

Aristath

The issues are still there.

See:
    https://www.publicaffairsjobs.com.au/learning-centre/training-calendar/?date=2014-03

1.Sunday is out of sight (extends past the area)
    2. Saturday is partly out of sight.
    3. 31st March and 28 Feb dates are shaded - they shouldn't be.

I actually can't give you screenshots for April as I can't get to it - as the right hand arrows are off the page!!!!

For Screenshots, see
    https://www.publicaffairsjobs.com.au/wpmu-issues-page/
    The pdf is called:
    140213 Event Calendar - Continuing Issues - Aristath

Thanks.

• be

Hi again @Karen

Maybe this will help, if it relates to number of events

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/why-does-calendar-layout-break-after-a-dozen-events

Hello,

The reason that this happens is because apparently the table grows wider than what its parent wrapper supports. The main culprit for this seems to be the padding that got inherited from your theme's default table styles. Adding a bit of CSS like this to your stylesheet should hopefully solve the issue:

.eab-monthly_calendar td, .eab-monthly_calendar th { padding: 0; }
    table.eab-monthly_calendar { font-size: .9em; }

As you see, the rules are prefixed with plugin-specific monthly calendar CSS classes, so it shouldn't affect the rest of your site in any way. Can you please give this a go and see if it helps with the issue?

• aristath

PS Is there a way to fix the shading of the last date in each month (eg 31st Jan etc, 28 Feb and 30th are all getting shaded like the week-ends are.

The problem is whith this custom CSS you've entered:
    table.eab-monthly_calendar.eab-shortcode_calendar tbody tr td:nth-last-child(1), table.eab-monthly_calendar.eab-shortcode_calendar tbody tr td:nth-last-child(2) { background-color: #ccc !important; }

I'm afraid if you want weekends to be shaded then this will happen as well.

Cheers,
    Ari.

• be

I think the issue is Events has morphed and really does not appear to know its purpose but at present it is not really meant as a business tool

Take control of your social calendar without having to rely on a third-party web app and manage your events from the comfort of your WordPress dashboard.

There are far too many holes in functionality and use ..
    As it morphed from a calendar, I am surprised at the above response - What online calendar is not capable of shading chosen days weekends etc. without custom css??

The css workaround for the last two columns will pick up the array at the end..

What that does is used the CSS nth-last-child selector to style only the 1st and 2nd columns from the last in the table. Unfortunately, that doesn't cover the last row, where the columns can span a series. There's not really an easy workaround to this apart from altering the plugin itself, which isn't recommended.

So that's not really a fix I am guessing for what you want, so at present it will be either all the same or the weekend + end array ie last day if its not in the last two columns shaded..

• Karen

Thanks Aristath and Be

I am sorry but I thought all WPMU Dev plugins were aimed at the professional - not the social.

It explains the lack of robustness of the plug-ins, but I have not picked up on any of the plug-in marketing that it is NOT aimed at business.

If I recall correctly, the examples used are Edublogs and Times or some other massive US 'newspaper' (now online) entity - giving the impression if they are using it, then it can be scaled and is used by professionals/businesses.

If I had known what I know now, I would have gone a different route I think.

I really just want a useable site that does what a business needs it to do.

Aristath - that code you mentioned looks different to my eyes from what Be gave me. ...in which case it would be a WPMU person (David M according to my notes against the code.)

Perhaps he would like to check it out and suggest something to fix the last day in the calendar month so it isn't shaded?

• be

Ummmm Ditto.. :slight_smile:

The end column will be a problem because it cannot with that code as above (DavidM) is shading the last two columns only but is picking up the last actual day also in the grid.. so will only work on months that finish Sat/Sun..

So not such a good outcome me thinks..

And yes you can upscale anything - perhaps you would like to place a job ad and see if a dev will take it on for you. Pay them to develop and fix with every update and be beholdin to them for as long as you want the plugin to function as it should... (yes my tongue is in my cheek :slight_smile:

Or perhaps we could get the plugin to function as an events plugin.. (just sayin is all)

• Karen

be - I am suspecting you have a sense of humour... :slight_smile:

One of the reasons I am doing it myself is that my industry has tanked and using BP Fun to create a buddypress/memebership site is the way for me to re-engineer the business to work on a social media footing, so I can continue to meet the needs of my industry and my candidates.

Thanks for the code info...I will just have to live with it unless they can provide something else. At least it is now staying on the page thanks to you!

Onward and upward, I guess.

Thanks for your help and suggestions. It's nice to have friend in the WPMU environment who understands what it is like. :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.