Calendar looks "booked" and other question

Hi,
I'm in the process of configuring Appointment+ plugin for the site http://www.studio420brows.com/info/book-appointment/?wcalendar=1488326400&app_service_id=3#app_schedule

A couple of things happened today. When I added all the different time slots and services for the business, the calendar display as if booked solid. What did I do wrong?

other question:
1 - How do I add css to make the type in the calendar white (due to our color scheme, dark doesn't work)
2 - Is there a way to have a pop-up reminder during the booking process? Example when the client is booking an appointment, a pop-up would display the message "if this is your first appointment, also book your FREE touch up session".
3 - Can we customise the color of the payment button (linked to paypal) to be more visible? (in our case, probably pink)
4 - There will be one occasion when payment is not necessary (first touch-up session). How can I make that a free appointment in the system?
5- Will a client be able to cancel an appointment afterwards? We have a 72hr cancellation policy when the client can receive their deposit back. Will that have to be done manually only? I have not figured this one out yet.

I watched the tutorials, but I could not figure those things out. Thanks
Adriana

• James Morris

Hello Adriana,

I hope you are well today. Let me see if I can address your questions, point by point...

1 - How do I add css to make the type in the calendar white (due to our color scheme, dark doesn't work)

In Admin -> Appointments -> Settings -> Display -> Additional css Rules add the following CSS.

td.free > p, td.app_past > p, td.notworking > p, td.busy > p, .app_timetable_cell {
    color: white !important;
    }

2 - Is there a way to have a pop-up reminder during the booking process? Example when the client is booking an appointment, a pop-up would display the message "if this is your first appointment, also book your FREE touch up session".

I'm afraid this is not possible without doing a good bit of custom programming. Due to the nature of the AJAX form load and page redirection on confirmation, using a plugin like PopUp Pro would be problematic since you would have to intercept the $_POST of the form as a condition for displaying the popup. Then, you would have to redirect back to the page with the variables needed to select the follow up appointment as the service. I'm afraid this level of custom coding goes beyond the scope of what I can do for you here.

3 - Can we customise the color of the payment button (linked to paypal) to be more visible? (in our case, probably pink)

As you did in the earlier step to add custom CSS, add the following:

input.app_submit_btn {
        background: #f06292 ;
        color: white;
    }
    input.app_submit_btn:hover {
        background: #d81b60 ;
        color: white;
        border: 0px;
    }

4 - There will be one occasion when payment is not necessary (first touch-up session). How can I make that a free appointment in the system?

Yes, but this will have to be defined as a service. Using the [app_services] shortcode, your members will need to select this appointment type.

Please see the following screenshots for illustration on how to set this service up and add it to your page:
    https://goo.gl/62eNna
    https://goo.gl/ssE7QL
    https://goo.gl/2gc4Bz

5- Will a client be able to cancel an appointment afterwards? We have a 72hr cancellation policy when the client can receive their deposit back. Will that have to be done manually only?

Yes. In Admin -> Appointments -> Settings -> Accessibility you have the option for Allow client cancel own appointments. This is handled via email. Please note the instructions in the plugin and follow them carefully to set this up.

Please note that there is no way to define a grace period on cancellations, though. Members can cancel their appointment any time prior to their appointment. You will need to check the cancellation in Admin -> Appointments -> Removed to verify they fall within the 72hr grace period.

I hope this clarifies a bit.

Best regards,

James Morris