Calendar membership terms

I'm setting up a membership site for a local state association that has a specific term of annual membership from January 1 through December 31.

Starting in September, if a new member registers, he gets the rest of this year plus all of next year. Can this be done with the Membership plugin? I haven't found a plugin yet that will do it and I would MUCH prefer to use WPMUDEV's plugin. :slight_smile: Note that this is not a critical feature as I would be fine with just manually adding them to the current subscription term. The most important part to me is being able to specify a subscription as being specific to January 1 through December 31.

• DavidM

Hi HarnessTech and welcome to WPMU DEV!

Membership subscriptions wouldn't really work that way currently. I'm sure it can be done with a bit of custom development but for now, the optimal way I could see that being done, apart from custom coding, would be by manually adjusting the subscription durations after signup.

I imagine a custom solution would involve checking the current date of the signup and adding the days from that point until the end of the following year.

I'll tag the developer on this thread in case there's an easier way this can be done but for the moment, it does seem that a custom solution surrounding the subscription process would be required, apart from manual adjustments.

Cheers,
    David

• aristath

Hello there @rianhall and @HarnessTech!

Wow, it's been a while while this post has been updated...

I am curious if this has been revisited. I am working on a site where all memberships expire on December 31st and members are required to renew after January 1st. Is there a way to set this up in the current Membership plugin?

No, this feature has not yet been implemented as it's a really rare use case, so there are currently no plans to implement it either. It can be custom-coded (see the PHP-date manual for reference) or you can post a new job in WPMU-Jobs.

I am marking this issue as resolved for now, primarily due to inactivity.
    If however you feel that your question has not been answered, then feel free to reopen it!

Take care,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.