Calendar plugin suggestions

Hi,
Does anyone of you know about a calendar plugin I can use for my website?

It needs to have some features:
*You should be able to set events and people should be able to view them without being registered
*Preferably people should be able to register for the events, but that is not necessary.
*It should have a way to be displayed like a proper calendar, with dates and you can switch month.
*Preferably people can view the event details in a popup window when they click on the desired date.

I hope you have some suggestions :slight_smile:

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi @Jorgen Juel

thanks for posting.

I could only suggest & agree with tim's post.

Events+ sounds like what you're looking for, the lightbox I suspect would need to be custom coded in the theme/templates though.

hope this helps, if you require any further assistance, please let us know.

thanks

• Jorgen Juel
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi @trimstrifler
    Thanks for the suggestion!
    Yes, I have actually tried events+ a little, but i gave up do to the lack of changing month in the calendar shortcode. When it displays a calendar it only shows it for the current month, and that is really now too good for my service.

But if you know (or someone else) how I can implement the feature of changing the month that would be great.

By my self, all i can think is to change the month originated, but since the .php file is rendered on the server side I can't figure out how I can change it later on.

For a live view you can see my website (under development) Hauk 4H there. As you can see the calendar on the right hand side cannot change the month, and you can only view the current month.

• Jorgen Juel
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi again,
    Just to rephrase;
    Okey, Events+ seems like a great plugin, thanks!
    But how can I implement the feature of changing the month? Currently with the built in calendar shortcode it only allows you to view the current month.

You can see what I mean using the link below. The shortcode is working properly, but I can only view the events from this month, not the next ones.
    http://4h.notater.net

--
    Jørgen Juel

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Jorgen Juel

I hope you are well today and sorry about the extreme delay with a reply.

I'd recommend using the calendar appearance, events > settings, override default appearance check that box and then use the calendar and that has month options by default.

If that won't work for you, which shortcode are you currently using, as we can apply the lookahead and weeks for you, so lookahead would be true :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.