calling pop up pro footer vs ajax

Hi,
I wanted to know more about the different ways to call the pop-up pro. Im using contact form 7 shortcode and I see that you reccomend footer. Can you explain what I lose out by not calling ajax and if using footer will mess me up with cacheing. Does it make a differeence if browser vs server cacheing?

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Jonathan,

Contact Form 7 currently doesn't work properly when using AJAX method so Footer call should be selected.
    When using footer loading method your popup will load cached version from footer while AJAX method will be loaded independent of your page.

Loading with AJAX is best to be used when caching is enabled but Footer should be working fine as well, it could just have small impact on your page loading time.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Jonathan

Hi,
    so first of all, you are wrong. I just tried with ajax and it works fine, so you should be more careful what you tell people. Does that mean it will work from now on or should I stick with footer caz an update could throw it off and stop it from working?
    Also, is there a way to add the form with code as opposed to shortcode so I can still use ajax? If not, do you know of other forms that would work like that?

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Jonathan,

We had multiple reports about CF7 not working properly with AJAX calls so there was a high possibility that it wouldn't work, I'm sorry that I expressed myself wrong above and I'm glad to hear it's working for you.

Does that mean it will work from now on or should I stick with footer caz an update could throw it off and stop it from working?

Popup doesn't have official support for CF7 but we do try to keep them both working together, we still have report open for CF7 so we will do some testing for that before the next release so you should be fine leaving it at AJAX.

Also, is there a way to add the form with code as opposed to shortcode so I can still use ajax?

I'm not familiar with a way of doing that since CF7 documentation suggests using do_shortcode function when adding the form in code directly.

If not, do you know of other forms that would work like that?

We don't have list of compatible plugins and same as CF7 there's no direct integration with any of such plugins so we can't give any guarantees.

My suggestion would be asking that question in Members forum so perhaps you can get some first hand experiences there.

Best regards,
    Predrag