Can a course require manual approval by instructor before a student has access?

Just as the title suggests, is it possible to require an instructor's approval for a course element -- possibly labeled as an off-site element -- before a student can proceed?

An example would be for a student to complete a competency element on the website, then perform an in person skills assessment or proctored exam, upon completion, they would we approved (manually by the instructor) to complete the remainder of the course elements or successfully complete that specific element thus completing the course.

If not currently available, I'd like to recommend this as a feature request.

TIA

Michael Bissett

Hey @NWTD, hope you're doing well this evening!

I'd be more than glad to add that as a feature request for you, that sounds like an interesting idea!

In the meantime though, I'd like to ask, how were you thinking of structuring the competency element on the site? Since you're looking to manually add a student to the course, would having them fill out a contact form work for the time being?

You could set "Who can enroll in this course" to "Manually added only", and then add your students to the course after they've passed the assessment/exam.

Please advise,
    Michael