Can a unit be completed with less then 100% correct?

We have a requirement were we would like all students to answer all questions in a given unit, but the unit will receive a 100% complete if X% of the questions are correct. Is this possible?

To rephrase, we would like to have a unit be "100% Complete" as soon as a student answers 75% of the questions correct.

Right now it seems to want 100% of the questions to be correct no matter what.

Is this lesser then 100% possible for a given unit?

• Nastia

Hello Lisa , I trust you are doing well today!

At this time it is not possible to have a passing grade for the whole unit out of the box. It is only possible to set the minimum grade of each element to 75.

Another workaround here is to mark only 75% of the elements as Mandatory Answer.

For now, this will be possible only with custom coding. Please feel free to post a new job in the Jobs & Pro section so a skilful developer can do this for you.

I've moved this thread to a Features & Feedback section to give it more exposure amongst our members. If this feature will get enough "+1" from other members, it will be considered for development.

Kind regards,
    Nastia

• Nastia

Hello Lisa , I hope you are doing well today!

Can you explain exactly what a minimum grade per element means? You mean per question? That will not work for True/False correct?

You can set the minimum grade (%) required to pass the task in the element. It will not work for True/False questions, but will work for Multiple Choice, File Upload and asnwer field.

You can see an avarage course grade in the assessment and the report pdf .The Average Grade will be visible in CoursePress > Reports

So if I have a multiple choice question with 4 options, a "min. grade requirement" of 75% means they only need to get 3 of the 4 checkboxes right?

My apologies if my answer confused you here, not this will not work this way. The overwhole course passing grade is not yes available as a feature in the CoursePress plugin.

Setting 75% passing grade for an element, means that a student will have to answer 75% prercent correctly to pass the question.

Overwhole passing grade has been requested before in the past. We are praparing a new CoursePress 2 plugin , with many new features available. This specific feature is being built into the next big update.

Have a nice day and take care!

Kind regards,
    Nastia