Can a user have "shops" attached to his profile?

Well, I think that my question above is a bit “awkward” thats why I will explain a bit more.

What I would like to achieve is the following.

A user of buddypress, should be able to

– add the shops that he owns

– add photos to them, videos

– share the shop’s profile with other users

– be able to decide who sees what information about the shop (public, private, limited)

– other users could “like” a shop and leave comments on the shop, pictures, videos

– timeline with all the updates that the user has done to a shop

Is this possible with buddypress ?

Thank you very much!

• 11digitlabs
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

@tom Eagles

Sorry I was not very clear.

Its not related to market press. Its a generic question.

What I want is each of my members to be able to add shops, cafeterias, venues (whatever kind of shop they own), have a dedicated page for each of the shop

Replace “shop” with whatever else you like :slight_smile:

– A user can have many books-cars-boats, and each book-car-boat have its own page with likes, comments, pictures, security, visibility.

Is that kind of functionality supported by Buddypress ?

• 11digitlabs
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Could please someone give me an answer?

I need to give feedback to a client, and I really have no idea if this is possible.

I’m not looking for technical anwers right now. A simple reply if this can be done is more than enough right now

Thank you very very much!

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

@11digitlabs

You could use buddy press extended profiles for this or even custom post types and add them to the profile pages. The problem is the multiple pages. What you could do is use a multisite and allow each user t create their own site with info this would be very hard to do with buddypress alone without some very major coding

Cheers

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.