Can affiliates with Pro Sites addon payout ongoing or one-time only?

I thought that affiliates now provides for ongoing payments? Am I wrong?
I need an affiliates program that works with Pro Sites but can provide for ongoing commissions.

• Sajid

Hi @antKat,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Out of the box, the commissions are one time only. However, if you want it to be recurring with each payment cycle then add following code in wp-config.php file.

if ( ! defined( 'AFFILIATE_PAYONCE' ) ) define( 'AFFILIATE_PAYONCE', 'no' );

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• antKat

Thanks, Sajid.
    It turns out that I had the following already in wp-config.php file:
    define('AFFILIATE_PAYONCE', 'no');

is the if statement as a pre-fix required?

Also, I previously was paying the 1-time only. Now that we are changing to the recurring, how will the previous accounts be handled? In other words, are they completed because they were paid the 1-time that was the rule at the time, or will they also be paid the recurring commission?

• Sajid

Hi @antKat,

The prefix is not required, you can just use the code that you already have in wp-config.php file of WordPress root installation.

Regarding your second question, here is what developer said for explanation of above constant.

Will work, when the plugin checking does this ref valid to pay, it will get the usermeta "affiliate_paid", to check does this user already paid or not. And when you turn the AFFILIATE_PAYONCE to "no", it will prevent the usermeta "affiliate_paid" saved, and when new payment made, the flow will go as you expect :slight_smile:.

According to developer statement, it looks like your existing users will also get paid as well as your new ones.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• antKat

Well now that I have been running this a couple of months, I see that it is NOT working they way that it was described.
    Affiliates are not getting credit for recurring payments at all even though I have the statement in the wp_config define('AFFILIATE_PAYONCE', 'no');

I have very furious affiliates. I received this in a support ticket today:

I believe you guys have a HUGE problem with your affiliate system. I am doing everything I can to promote your sites to my doTERRA friends and team and I am not being rewarded with referrals. I will be adding the names to this support ticket as I find out about them. I expect every one of them to be added to my list and to be paid for them, INCLUDING the back pay owed.

I am extremely disappointed, even though it is only a few dollars per month, as an affiliate, I expect to be paid for the work I do promoting your sites. I would not want to go to my group of 85 customers and potential customers to complain that you guys are not keeping your promises of paying affiliates.

• Sajid

Hi @antKat,

Yes, I can see in the source code of the ProSites add-on. It will only entertain the recurring commissions for affiliates after adding the define in wp-config.php file.

To make it do recurring referral payments for existing affiliates please follow the steps below.

1. Download the attached file "supporter.php.zip".

2. Navigate to following location and backup up supporter.php file.
    wp-content/plugins/affiliate/affiliateincludes/addons/

3. Now unzip the downloaded file and upload it to above location by replacing the existing file.

I will also send this file to plugin developer to be merged with master copy of this plugin so you don't need to make this change when you update.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:
    Cheers, Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.