can any plugin be manually enabled to select subsites?

Hey,

Can any plugin, theme, etc be manually enabled to select subsites if that plugin or theme is not even in the Pro Sites list? How?

Can the subsites be enabled to do their own individual Branding in their subsites? I don't see ultimate Branding as a Pro site selectable option in the Pro Site plugins. It is network activated fyi.

Lastly, is it possible to give access to gateways/modules only on a individual site basis instead of level wide as well?

Thanks . . .

• Patrick

Hi there @Greg

I hope you're having a great day!

As super-admin, you can manually activate any plugin/theme on any site in the network, regardless of that site's Pro Sites status.

Simply log into that site as super-admin, and visit the Plugins or Themes page.

If a plugin is network-activated, it will not be available for selection in the Pro Sites Premium Plugins module. Only plugins that are not network-activated can be set as premium plugins. That's because the ones that are network-activated are, well, already active on every site. :slight_smile:

So, to make Ultimate Branding available to your subsite admins, do not network-activate it. It can then be activated on selected subsites, and you can make it a premium plugin.

Note however that if you do it that way, modules designed for network-wide features (like global footer/header, text changes, etc) will only work independently on each site where the plugin is active.

As for the gateways, no that is not possible as payment occurs at the network level (main site), not on the subsite.

I hope this helps! And thanks for being a member :slight_smile:

• Greg

@Patrick

Thanks...hmm..

Is it possible to enable certain sites to add their own plugins and themes from the Wordpress gallery? I notice that button is gone.

Is it possible to make certain subsites not be subject to ANY level of the Pro Sites at all (including free). In other words, make a particular subsite just a normal subsite with no restrictions at all?

Side question: Do you know of any good plugins that have design, icon, images available for open source use or even paid (for quick design, icon, and image use on sites)?

:slight_smile:

• Patrick

Hi again @Greg

Is it possible to enable certain sites to add their own plugins and themes from the Wordpress gallery? I notice that button is gone.

By default in WordPress multisite, subsite admins cannot upload plugins or themes. Only the super-admin can do that.

The only thing Pro Sites does is to restrict which plugins/themes they can activate/enable on their subsite. The ones they can choose from are the ones the super-admin has made available to each level in the Premium Plugins/Themes modules in Pro Sites.

Is it possible to ... make a particular subsite just a normal subsite with no restrictions at all?

There is no built-in option to exclude a subsite from all Pro Sites levels. But you can, in effect, remove all restrictions for any subsite by giving it the highest Pro Site level you have, and making that status permanent.

To do so, go to Sites > All Sites in your network admin and click the Manage link for the site you want. Then, in the Manually Extend Pro Site Status box at the bottom, select the level, check the Permanent box, and click Extend (screenshot).

Side question: Do you know of any good plugins that have design, icon, images available for open source use or even paid (for quick design, icon, and image use on sites)?

Some of my fav plugins for that include:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/shortcodes-ultimate/
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/font-awesome/

And for images you can use for free:
    http://search.creativecommons.org/

• Ash

Hello @Greg

I hope you are well today.

I notice some plugins do not show on subsites when network activated to allow for Branding a subsite. Any thoughts on that?

Sorry, I don't have any list for this. Normally, there are three types of plugins in a multisite.

1. Network wide - that works only in network admin interface, like Pro Sites
    2. Network wide when network activated, per site wide when activated in per site level - these plugins works in site level if and only if the plugin is activated in the site level. If the plugin is network activated, it work only in network level, like Ultimate Branding.
    3. Normal plugin - if network activated, it works in every site, otherwise it works only in the site it is activated.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.