Can Appointments+ be configured for payment before actually scheduling?

I am wondering if Appointments+ can be configured so that payment is required before the appointment is actually scheduled. It seems awfully easy for someone to schedule an appointment and miss the text requesting them to go to checkout. I can see a lot of unpaid appointments from shopping carts that basically get abandoned. Also, I see the client having to add name and address information twice, once to schedule and again at checkout. Any thoughts?

• Luís

Hi Kim Kuhlman ,

Hope you're doing well today!

Actually, the appointment will be in pending status until the payment is confirmed and unfortunately, we don't have a way to require payment before schedule the appointment.

However, you can disable those pending appointments after some time, using the "Disable pending appointments after (mins)" field in Appointments -> Settings -> General. You can define the time (in minutes) to remove the appointment if the payment was not confirmed.

Also, I see the client having to add name and address information twice, once to schedule and again at checkout.

Are both different information, first user need to add a name, address, etc, to the appointment and in the checkout needs insert the billing informations.

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

• Kim Kuhlman

Hi Luís,

Is a notification email automatically sent to the user if they do not follow up with a payment? It just isn't perfectly obvious in Appointments+ that they need to go to the checkout. A lot of people just don't read anymore. I don't want angry users who think they have scheduled an appointment, only to show up without it having been scheduled. Am I'm making any sense?

Kim

• Luís

Hi Kim Kuhlman ,

Hope you're doing well today!

Firstly, sorry for my late reply and all the problems it may have caused.

Actually, the user don't receive any email. The appointment get the status of "Pending" and the user only receive an email if the payment was done (Confirmation email) or if it doesn't make the payment it will receive an email (Removal Notification Email Message) a notification that the appointment was removed.

The Removal Notification Email Message needs to be enabled in Appointments -> Settings -> General, Notification Settings section.

I can suggest you to add a message in the Product page, advising that to the users and using the parameter "button_text" in the confirmation shortcode, indicating that is the first step.

[app_confirmation button_text="Confirmation Step One of Two"]

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.