Can Appointments + do the following and if so how? (Should

Can Appointments + do the following and if so how? (Should have asked before I purchased)

My customer runs a gym and needs an on-line booking system for fitness classes which will be simultaneously attained by lots of members but with only the one instructor. I think "dummy" providers is the answer but I would need to understand how this works? And how it would be presented to the user booking the class. If it’s a Boxercise Class would they See Boxercise1, Boxercise2, etc. all the way up to Boxercise12 for a 12 person class?

Some trainers will offer more than one type of class but at separate times, so for example “John” might offer an Aerobics Class on Monday at 9am and a Spinning Class on Tuesday at 10am. So it if the users selects a service of “Aerobics” with “John” they should only be able to book into the Monday class as the Tuesday class is for Spinning which is totally separate activity.

Any help greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

• Alexander

Hi @Keith Whalen,

Yes, its possible - but you will need to use the dummy service providers. You'll need one extra provider for each extra person that can book.

On the service, you can seta capacity. This will determine how many times the same session can be booked. It's also limited by the number of available service providers.

Then you can remove the service providers shortcode from your booking page. This way they wont have to choose from all the dummy providers.

Best regards,

• DavidM

Hi Keith,

I'm not aware of a user guide apart from the Usage page but I'll see what more I can find.

However, the following video tutorial series covers the plugin settings in good detail:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aYhyBAWN4E&list=PLV1BcivFAIdvk-1xYU5nBHcwrbTY-WgWy

I think regarding this matter though, the best explanation and possible workarounds regarding multiple, simultaneous schedulings can be had here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/allow-for-multiple-appointments-in-one-time-slot-with-appointments

Would that perhaps help in addressing your concerns, Keith?

Cheers,
    DavidM

• Keith Whalen

Hi David,

Thanks for replying, I had spotted the video tutorials and had a quick look through some of them. If that's all there is I guess I'll have to look through them but that's something I could have looked at without having a support contract and I guess I'm was looking for a straight to the point answer.

Following various discussion trails Haken offers some good advice in his customisation of the Functions.PHP code but setting up different parameters for different class types could be a pain for example 10 for Spinning and 20 for Body Combat. Also playing about with 'dummy' service providers is not easily explained for example will I need 20 dummy providers with WP User Accounts for a class of 20 people. The 'Dummy' issue is not referred to once on the Usage Page

My second original question regarding a situation where the same service provider is available twice a week but for different class types is still outstanding as well.

I appreciate that Appointments+ may not do all I ask but wpmudev looks like a real classy company and your correspondence has been quick. However this is a topic that has been mentioned numerous times so I would have expected a definitive answer as to how multiple bookings can be managed as its a topic that is mentioned many times throughout your forums.

Regards,

Keith.

• Keith Whalen

Hi,

Looks like this could be a dead end after all. If I am right in assuming that Dummy Providers can only report to a SINGLE individual and my customer has several trainers then they can't all have dummy providers. For example Trainer A would require 20 dummy providers for one particular class whilst Trainer B may require 12 for another class. But only one Trainer (user) could 'own' the Dummy Providers.

Also the fact that that its unclear if the plugin will realise there is a difference with the same person being able to offer different services at different times is an issue as well.

If you can confirm this is the case or if I am missing something then please let me know ASAP as I will need to know if I will need to find an alternative solution.

Keith.

• DavidM

Hi Keith,

The plugin does take into account different Services provided by the same Service Provider. It will not allow a Service to be scheduled in the same time slot where another Service has already been scheduled with the same Service Provider. You should be able to see that when testing as well.

Is that what you were asking about with your second concern?

As for your initial concern, you'll need more than a single Dummy provider for each Service Provider, correct?

I'm looking into possibilities for that but just wanted to confirm that's what you're looking to have, given the way the plugin currently works.

Cheers,
    DavidM

• Keith Whalen

HI David,

Not quite, here is the scenario again:

- Service Provider "John" can offer a service of "Aerobics" and "Boxercise" in the gym. These are two very different classes and also have different lengths time wise.
    - John runs a Class for Boxercise at 9am on a Monday
    - John runs a Class for Aerobics at 10am on a Friday
    - When a visitor clicks on the service Boxercise they should only see the Monday morning class with John as the Fridays class is for Aerobics.
    - If they do see it and book because its offered they will turn up to the wrong class!
    - However I suspect because they have selected a service John provides they will be offered all of the availability John has even though they are intended to be for different services.

Yes I will need more than a single Dummy Provider for different Service Providers as they will all potentially run classes.

Keith.

• Alexander

Hi @Keith Whalen,

Thanks for letting us know. I understand if you need something else, if this isn't going to work for you exactly.

I can confirm there are limitations here when it comes to multiple service providers and a set service capacity. We are working on some updates and improvements to this plugin, so hopefully some of these features will one day be a part of Appointments+

Best regards,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.