Can Chat Sounds be changed?

Hi All - Hope you are very well indeed.

1) I was tryig to find out is there is a way to change the chat sound (I have sound file) as the standard one is a bit clunky.

2) Also - it would be nice to have the css snipet so that I can round the edges of the chat box but that is not urgent.

3) Will Membership Pro handle chat as a membership feature that can be set fo rteh higher level members? I have not checked this out yet and figured you might be a faster way of knowing such.

Thanks very much for the ongoing fab service.

Zen

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Zen,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

1) I was tryig to find out is there is a way to change the chat sound (I have sound file) as the standard one is a bit clunky.

I'm afraid that there's no option to change this and it can only be changed by replacing plugin files.
    You can find audio files located inside wp-content/plugins/wordpress-chat/audio/ folder but note that if you replace them they will be overwritten when next plugin version is released.

2) Also - it would be nice to have the css snipet so that I can round the edges of the chat box but that is not urgent.

You should be able to accomplish with CSS like this one:

.wpmudev-chat-box, .wpmudev-chat-module {
        border-radius: 5px;
    }

3) Will Membership Pro handle chat as a membership feature that can be set fo rteh higher level members? I have not checked this out yet and figured you might be a faster way of knowing such.

Unfortunately there's no such integration but this workaround should work.
    Use plugin like User Role Editor and create new user role based on subscription role.

Now in Membership 2 > Add-ons enable Member Capabilities add-on.
    You can now go to Membership 2 > Protection Rules > User Roles and select which memberships should have which role, select your new role for the membership you wish to have access to chat.

And last steps is to go to Chat Settings panel, depending on which chat you're using, switch to Authentication tab and in there enable chat for same role you selected above.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.