Can "Contact User" automatically send emails to the Listing's email?

If, so how? Where does that email get imputed?

• CIXdesigns
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I am using this plugin to just create a simple directory. There will be no user submitted listings. So I was hoping that from my having created a listing on the backend that I would be able to do this. Should I just be doing this all from the frontend not as the admin?

Also, is possible to turn off ratings, disable comments, and remove info (Author and date?)

Thank you

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again @cixdesigns

I apologize for the delay here; concerns for family health issues had led me away from the forums quite a bit these past few weeks.

I am using this plugin to just create a simple directory. There will be no user submitted listings.

Thanks for the clarification on how you plan to use the plugin; that helps.

The contact user form uses the email address associated with the user who created the listing. So even if you add all the listings via the admin, there still needs to be a user associated with the listing.

You can change the author of each listing at the bottom of the editor screen, just as you can for any post type. But only existing users on your site will appear for selection form that dropdown.

Also, is possible to turn off ratings, disable comments, and remove info (Author and date?)

In that case, you really don’t need Directory at all, as you would be removing almost all the built-in features. It would likely be much simpler for you to create a custom post-type using the included copy of CustomPress to display your custom listings. Then create as many custom fields as you need for that post-type for your custom data entries like email address.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.