Can customer change Woocommerce background color?

Hi!
I was wondering that is there a plugin that would let customers in a Woocommerce store to change background color to their liking?

The color would change just for them and not for anyone else.

It could go something like this:
Customer comes to the site and the form pops up and asks his/hers preferences. Customer could pick a store background color and for example his favorite type of displaying product images.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks in advance!

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Miikka,

I'm not familiar with any plugin that will do this specifically for Woocommerce but maybe something like a theme switched (like this one https://wordpress.org/plugins/theme-switcha/) would do the trick.

What you would need to do is create multiple child themes and in each one add CSS code to have a different background color for Woocommerce pages.
    You can then create a new Popup with Hustle plugin and set it up so it shows only on Woocommerce pages and add this shortcode from Theme Switcha that will show theme selector:
    [theme_switcha_thumbs style="true"]
    Or some other selector Theme Switcha offers as shortcodes, shown here:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/theme-switcha/#installation

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Miikka

Thanks for the answer! I will try out the Theme switcha plugin.

I noticed this text in the Theme switcha FAQs:
    "The same database/content will be displayed regardless of which theme is enabled or switched. The WP database provides the content for ALL themes."

I would also like to change the Woocommerce single product featured image based on customer preferences.

For example if all of the products have three images (front, back, in use). The customer could select that he wants all of the featured images to be from the back of the product. But since Themes use the same database, this seems impossible to achieve?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hi @miikkajoki!

I would also like to change the Woocommerce single product featured image based on customer preferences.

For example if all of the products have three images (front, back, in use). The customer could select that he wants all of the featured images to be from the back of the product. But since Themes use the same database, this seems impossible to achieve?

I'm afraid it won't be possible with any "known" solution. I never came across any plugin that would work like that and never heard of one. In my opinion, that would have to be custom coded for your (though at the same time the background change could be since it should be relatively simple code).

WooCommerce provides some API for developers (there are action and filter hooks that could help) but that would most likely also require use of some JS/jQuery scripts. It's possible that the theme template files would have to be created as well.

That'd be quite a complex code all together and I'm not aware of any "ready to use" solution like this. That said, you might want to consider getting somebody to develop it for you. If so, take a look at our Partners page where you can grab a nice discount for a Codeable.io where you can post your job request:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/partners/

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.