Can directory be on a sub domain

Can a directory be run on a sub domain - website.com/directory? if so i will have a separate domain mapped to this directory in the future. I need to mention this is a buddypress install which I know is yet not officially supported. But I’m trying to make it work. We are thinking about modifying the code a bit

• PJ

With all due respect, the answer seems to not really reflect the question. The answer seems nebulous:

You can activate Directory on a single site at your discretion

What is a "single site"? What does "discretion" ... what does that mean? These are not standard terms, no?

I am trying to install this plugin on a SUBDOMAIN, but its not working. Instead I am getting an error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_the_post_thumbnail() in /home/charityc/public_html/wp-content/plugins/directory/core/core.php on line 1154

• Kimberly

Ren,

Glad it's working

We are hoping to remove the theme dependency in the next upgrade (which will be a major improvement!) it's frustrating, I myself have tried using it in another theme to no avail :slight_frown:

Let me know if you need anything further!

@PJ

With all due respect, the answer seems to not really reflect the question. The answer seems nebulous

Perhaps there is something lost on my response for you as this was not your question and the context is different from what you would ask? I welcome and urge you to create a new thread for your own issues for this very reason, helps to eliminate some confusion and creates a space specific for your issue.

What is a "single site"? What does "discretion" ... what does that mean? These are not standard terms, no?

This means that you can Activate the directory plugin on any single site within your network, it does not automatically become part of all sites on the network.
    "discretion" def: Freedom to act or judge on one's own meaning it is his decision to activate on each site as he pleases.

I am trying to install this plugin on a SUBDOMAIN, but its not working. Instead I am getting an error message:

You can reference the Installation and Use instructions for your install. I'll be glad to help if you cannot get it working, just open a new thread so that we can pay yourself and Ren due respect by ensuring that your issues get individual attention.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.