Can disable the option for php mail?

I'm using eNewsletter on my WordPress multisite that I'm building, and I don't want my users to even have the option of using the php mail option to send the newsletters (my host doesn't allow it). Is there a way to disable the option so they don't see it? Any custom code or other suggestions would be appreciated.

• Vaughan

Hi @timstrifler

I haven't tested this but here goes.

open e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/page-settings.php

find & remove lines 370 - 373

<label id="tip_php">
                                                <input type="radio" name="settings[outbound_type]" value="mail" class="email_out_type" <?php echo (isset($settings['outbound_type']) && $settings['outbound_type'] == 'mail') ? 'checked="checked"' : '';?> /><?php echo _e( 'php mail', 'email-newsletter' );?>
                                            </label>
    										<?php $tips->bind_tip(__( "This method uses php functions for sending newsletters and emails. Be careful because some hosts may set restrictions on using this method. If you can't edit settings of your server, we recommend to use the SMTP method for optimal results!", 'email-newsletter' ), '#tip_php'); ?>

Then find this on line 365

<label id="tip_smtp">
                                                <input type="radio" name="settings[outbound_type]" id="smtp_method" value="smtp" class="email_out_type" <?php echo (!isset($settings['outbound_type']) || $settings['outbound_type'] == 'smtp') ? 'checked="checked"' : '';?> /><?php echo _e( 'SMTP (recommended)', 'email-newsletter' );?>
                                            </label>

replace with:

<input type="hidden" name="settings[outbound_type]" id="smtp_method" value="smtp">

Hope this helps

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.