can e-newsletter send signup reports?

So my client wants to be notified each time a new mailing list member signs up. Is there a setting for such reports? I am missing it, if there is.

• Vaughan

Hi @hazenreed,

This isn't currently possible and would require some custom code.

Not sure exactly where you would need to add the code, but just looking in the plugin code, you would need to add some kind of wp_mail() function inside the function add_member in e-newsletter.php

You can try the following, though I haven't tested and it's just a rough edit.

Find in e-newsletter.php on or around line 971

return array('action' => 'member_added', 'error' => false, 'message' => __( 'The new member is added!', 'email-newsletter' ));

Add the below lines right above

if($status) {
                $notify_message = "A new user has subscribed to one of your newsletters/n/n
                    First name: {$member_data['fname']}\n
                    Last name: {$member_data['lname']}\n
                    Email Address: {$member_data['email']}\n
                    Member Info:\n\n{$member_data['member_info']}";

wp_mail( get_option('admin_email'), 'Newsletter Subscription Notification', $notify_message);
            }

It should then look like:

if($status) {
                $notify_message = "A new user has subscribed to one of your newsletters/n/n
                    First name: {$member_data['fname']}/n
                    Last name: {$member_data['lname']}/n
                    Email Address: {$member_data['email']}/n
                    Member Info:/n/n{$member_data['member_info']}";

wp_mail( get_option('admin_email'), 'Newsletter Subscription Notification', $notify_message);
            }

return array('action' => 'member_added', 'error' => false, 'message' => __( 'The new member is added!', 'email-newsletter' ));

Hope this helps

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.