Can Elementor be used with CoursePress course pages?

Can we design the course pages in CoursePress Pro with the Elementor plugin? Elementor wasn't available on the course description pages.

• Nahid

Hey Marie !
    Hope you are having a great day!

Nahid here, following up from our last Live Chat session. Unfortunately, Elementor cannot be used in the single course pages in CoursePress Pro, because they don't use the default WordPress post elements like the default WordPress post types do.

As a workaround, you can build your single WordPress pages with Elementor and use CoursePress shortcodes to display the course or course elements. You can find the CoursePress shortcodes in your WordPress Dashboard->CoursePress->Settings->Shortcodes.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance regarding this. Thanks!

Kind regards,
    Nahid

• Nahid

Hey Marie !
    Hope you are doing well today!

I did some more tests with CoursePress Pro and Elementor and it seems like the single course pages in CoursePress Pro can be edited with the Elementor plugin. So extreme apologies about the inaccurate information in my previous post. Please comply with the following steps to make the Elementor plugin work with CoursePress Pro:
    1. In your WordPress Dashboard->Elementor->Settings, please make sure 'CoursePress Pro' is checked under the 'Post Types' section. This'll make sure the courses are editable with Elementor. Here's a screenshot for reference:

2. Please make sure the course you are working with is not in 'Draft' status and is published. Here's another screenshot for reference:

Then you should be able to click on the 'Edit with Elementor' button in the course edit page to open the Elementor editor.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance regarding this. Thanks!

Kind regards,
    Nahid

• Dimitris

Hello there Marie,

hope you're doing good today and don't mind me chipping in! :slight_smile:

I can see that you've edited the "screen options" and course lists are being displayed well now, good job! :clap:

Please keep in mind that we're keen on having separate threads in our support forums for each issue, so for any other WP-related case you need assistance, please reach us in our live support page here https://premium.wpmudev.org/live-support/ and a representative from our awesome team will be in touch with you in no time!

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Marie

Hi - I've spent a lot of time now trying to set up CoursePress Pro to use Elementor with no luck. The CoursePress Pro post type is selected in Elementor settings, my course is published and the "edit in Elementor" option sends me to the Elementor canvas.

However, CoursePress appears not to listen to Elementor. The screenshots show a 4-column Elementor design over an image. Coursepress is ignoring this formatting and putting full-size images in a row down the page. Not what I want. It sure takes a lot of time to set this sort of effect up in wordpress, that is not going to be an option.

Also, the Course Completion page options don't really apply. If I remove the subject and contents from options like "you did not pass" will they no longer be used?

So far, I just want to say that the plugins I've used are very difficult to make appear the way I want. I'm starting to think the WPMU line is for people who like spending time programming. I'm a nutritionist. I need things easy, up and running fast, and look modern and great so I can get back to providing my services.

• Dimitris

Hello there Marie,

hope you're doing good today and don't mind me chip in here! :slight_smile:

I was just able to replicate this by editing the description of a course and using columns in Elementor builder. It seems that all Elementor markup is getting stripped and only my testing images and texts were embedded in the course description.

I think that the most appropriate way would be initial workaround provided here by my colleague Nahid, and this is creating some custom pages via Elementor and in there add your course-specific shortcodes.

How to add and preview shortcodes in Elementor:
    https://docs.elementor.com/article/72-shortcode

Also Page Title and Page Content of all certificate emails are required fields, so can't be empty.
    I also had no issue making changes in there, could you please elaborate a bit more on this?

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Marie

Hi Dimitris, absolutely you can chip in. I'm hoping for a solution.
    Right about now, what I already did is use the CC Child Pages plugin on the Parent page for my course. This pulls up a title and brief description for each course module based on what I built as a regular page in Elementor. http://synergynutrition.info/eating-to-restore-balance-home/

Once through my "pilot" run where I've invited people to use the course in exchange for feedback, I'll protect the whole using Membership2 plugin (assuming I can get that to work seamlessly - meaning automatically add members when they buy the course using woocommerce. I may test the shop plugin made by WPMUDEV but I'd prefer not to change).

I needed to get the pages built, so this seemed to be my only option.

Can I import existing pages into CoursePress? If so how? Then I might try your shortcode idea but I honestly don't know how a shortcode will help or how to use that just to add images. Can you give me an example or more clear directions?

• Dimitris

Hey there Marie

Can I import existing pages into CoursePress? If so how? Then I might try your shortcode idea but I honestly don't know how a shortcode will help or how to use that just to add images. Can you give me an example or more clear directions?

There isn't a way to insert pages inside a course page and as you can't actually use Elementor 100% in the edit course screens, then you should follow these steps:
    a) disable Elementor for courses and use native WP editor to edit your course
    b) create a new page for your course, like a default WP page and make use of shortcodes in there to bring course content, links etc.
    https://docs.elementor.com/article/72-shortcode
    https://monosnap.com/file/E07F2LElvHMp6ZNzFx60v2VN3oajfm

So instead of displaying the actual course page, you can display your custom Elementor-based page instead, with all course details you need via CoursePress' shortcodes.

You can then also protect this page, using Membership's protection rules.

Hope that was some help! Please do let us know, if more assistance is required here.
    Warm regards,
    Dimitris