Can Events+ be used with Multilingual Press plug in?

I have a bilingual calendar site that I am preparing.

The ideal plug n to help make our site bilingual is:

Multilingual Press

Does events+ work with Multilingual Press?

I was all set to use another calendar system, but it turns out that Multilingual Press can make a site bilingual by using Pages and posts. It turned out that the other calendar (time.ly) uses custom posts for the calendar.

Please let me know if Events+ will work with Multilingual Press.

Thanks

Joe

• Joseph Hogan

Hey there

Thanks for getting back to me.

Here is the link for the plug in:

http://marketpress.com/product/multilingual-press-pro/

Do you make a solution for multilingual sites?

You see, Multilingual Press basically uses two separate sites on a multisite set up, and when you create one post, it helps you create a second post inthe second langauge, that will be posted in exactly the same place on the mirror site. (in my case, French vs English).

But, it uses:

Pages
    to accomplish this. How does Events+ create events? Is it an internal way, or does it use Posts or Pages? Or, something else?

Thanks

Joe

• aecnu

Greetings Joseph Hogan,

Thank you for the clarification and it is clear that this site has no affiliation to WPMU DEV and have come up with a product of their own which is cool and common.

My only concern is the probable copyright infringement being used in the domain name and elsewhere but not relevant to what you and I are working with or talking about here.

With that said and moving forward with your questions:

How does Events+ create events? Is it an internal way, or does it use Posts or Pages? Or, something else?

Events+ uses custom post types internally and recurring events are a special-case too as each child is spawned with a special status.

Hopefully you find that accurate answer helpful to suit your needs.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings Joe,

Yes sir you are spot on especially when the two programmers are from different companies and perhaps their plugins work fine individually so they point the finger at each other :slight_frown:

Does your calendar with WPML?

Not that I am aware of though I would contact WPML tech support and ask them about it directly. The little bit i have worked with WPML - it has worked with just about everything due to the ability to translate strings.

But I am certainly not an authority on WPML.

Also has the author of multilingual-press-pro had any input into this at all?

Please advise if we get any valid response out of WPML or multilingual-press-pro authors, it is certainly intriguing.

Cheers, Joe

• Joseph Hogan

Hello Joe

Thanks for your feedback.

The author or Multilingual Press just pointed me to his free version which does NOT support custom posts, so it is hard to test this feature. I already installed it, but the calendar does not work:slight_frown:

I will have to talk to WPML' as it seems the Mutlilingual Press does not seem interested:slight_frown:

As you said, both parties involved point their fingers. I understand that there are so many plug ins and it is not possible to test them all. One can hope though.

I will see what happens with WPML.

• aecnu

Greetings Joe,

Yes sir and I will leave this ticket open as we continue to work through these items.

I also want to bring to your attention the Polylang plugin

In addition, I do remember a plugin that WPMU DEV used to support and is no longer here from about two years ago that does similar to what you mentioned, independent translated pages, but translations are done manually - it was called the Ultimate Translation plugin and I dug deep into my personal archive to attach it below for you.

Please let me know how it goes and have a GREAT upcoming weekend in any event.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings Joe,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.