Can Global Site Search Work Across an Entire Network?

We want our users to be on any site within our niche network and pull search results from across the whole network. Not just from the site they are on.
From my understanding - Global Site Search creates a page on the main site, but is there a way to configure so that all search results from anywhere within the network also bring up the 'global' results?

thanks for your help

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there,

Global Site search uses https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/post-indexer/ to index the posts you want to be searched from entire network so that should not be an issue.

What you are looking for is how the plugin works. Is that not workin this way ?

@Ashley Pearson Thanks for your thoughts however the Site search plugin only works on the main blog on the site search page which is created.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• member1
    • The Incredible Code Injector

thanks for your comments.
    problem is that we can't properly test it out because our 'main blog' (id1) is private and not likely to be public anytime soon.

Is there a way to define a different site on the network as the default for our global search and global tag pages?

• member1
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Thanks for your comments.
    Yes, I understand that the Global Site Widget will work on our subsites.

The problem we are having is that the results page for the Global Site Widget appears on the main blog. We want to assign it a different blog/site

Instead of at rootlevel.com we want to have the search results being delivered at siteofourownchoosing.com :slight_smile:

Is there a way to define which site the search results will appear on.
    thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.