can google read my protected content?

will my protected pages show up in google search results?

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello veazey

I trust you are doing well today!

I'm guessing this question is regarding the Membership 2 plugin.

Usually, password-protected content is not accessible to the search engines.
    The Google will index the URLs of the protected pages, but not the protected conted. Although, the content can be leaked via the RSS feed, and possibly other methods.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi veazey,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

As described by my colleague Nastia above. By default all content that is protected by membership 2 plugin can not be accessible or indexable by any search engines including google.

Thank you for responding, so does that mean I can do something on purpose to leak the content?

Yeah, you can leak some content for purpose. Specially if you want some part of your content to be indexable by search engines to make it search able by your members or other internet users. You can allow search engines to index protected content. We have an add-on to make it possible. Go to Membership 2 -> Add-ons and enable Search Index.

If you want to enable Search Engines index your site then make sure you are aware and read the first click free policy of google.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.