Can I backup Pro Site Settings somehow??

When updateing Pro Sites before all my info I have changed included Stripe settings and mail notifications is gone. This have now happend 2 times.

Can I in someway backup my Pro-Site data so I dont have to loose the settings and put many hours to recreate my Pro Site settings?

Best Regards

Viktor

• Viktor
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi,

Im not sure if the problem starts when update plugin or WordPress to newer version because I use to do this same time. I upgrade plugin with the dashboard and WP with auto upgrade (pressing upgrade wordpress).

Last time this happen 2 days ago the plugin had generated new Pro Site WordPress pages and I have not done this or change the name in Pro Site settings still have same name: Pro Site. There was new Pro Site pages called Pro Site 2, Pro Site 3 with url pro-site2 and pro-site3 and pro-site3 was active. I had not done anything of this. All settings and the signuppage did not work so I had to start from scratch again.. This can not happen again!

I lose all translated stuff and so on so this is a major problem with Pro Site.

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Viktor

I hope you had a wonderful day.

As you said “All settings and the signuppage did not work so I had to start from scratch again”, this is really shocking and should not happen. I just updated my Pro-Sites plugin at my live test site through our WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin but all my settings were there as it was before in the previous version.

About the page regenerating issue, I could not regenerate it either. After update, I still have only one Pro Sites page.

I do apologize for your repeated effort from scratch for making it working again. But can you please hold on for now, and check if the same happens when you update your “Pro-Sites” plugin again when the next update is available? Please take a full backup before you update the plugin again so that we can make some tests if the same thing goes wrong again next time?

I’ve tried to regenerate this issue in two of my live test multisites but I could not.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

Rupok

• Viktor
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi,

Now I have updated Pro Site and this breaked my site bacause the plugin now added 4 new Pro Site Pages. I still have my old page “/pro-site” but Pro site added “/pro-site-2” “/pro-site-3” “/pro-site-4” “/pro-site-5”. In Pro Site settings the Pro Site Checkout Page is changed to a new /pro-site-4 but it still says name “Pro Site”.

How do I fix this and do not break my setup with all the settings? And how to fix so this not happen later agian?

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Viktor

Hope you had a wonderful day.

I just tried to regenerate this issue on my test multisite. I uninstalled and deleted all files of Pro Sites. Then installed an older version, then updated through Dashboard. But still Pro Sites is not creating multiple pages with names pro-sites-1, pro-sites-2 etc. I could help you better if I could regenerate the issue on my test environment too. And it indicates, it’s not a plugin bug, rather there is something on your site which is causing this.

As a part of troubleshooting, can you please disable all other plugins and activate default WordPress theme before updating Pro Sites next time? If the issue still appears, I’ll jump in right away to investigate in details and resolve this issue. I suspect, this is being caused by any other plugin, maybe a caching plugin or something else, I’m not sure though. But I’m really curious to find the reason behind this and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

Rupok

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Victor,

Ok, how do I change Checkout Page without break all settings now?

You should be able to do this by removing all pro sites pages (removing from trash also) and then saving settings again in the Pro Sites. This will create new pro sites page (with pro-site slug)

But before any changes please make a backup of your site.

And how to get all my modified email-texts in Pro Site text back?

Only way is to restore them from backup if you have one. They should stay in database when you updated Pro Sites, but due to some problem they were erased then they will be in backup.

If you have a backup before update and you can restore it then we could check whole process of updating your site again with debug mode enabled. Let me know if this is possible.

kind regards,

Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Victor,

I have backup but I do not want to restore all site bacause its so big. Can I in some way only take Pro Site back?

I've checked and it looks like you can restore all pro site settings from database. If you have backup of database you could try to create test database and import backup you have (do not do this on your live site database) and then find table wp_sitemeta – if you are using custom prefix name can be different but there will be sitemeta name there. In this table there is meta_key "psts_settings" – with this meta_key is also meta_value. Inside meta_value are all the Pro sites settings. You can copy whole value and then paste it in to your live database (but before change, create backup).

This should restore all pro sites settings.

It is also possible to copy only email settings, but data there is serialized and it could be hard to do.

You can also restore data directly from the sql file of database, but it is not so easy to read.

Also In Pro Site the slug is "Pro Site" but the page is slug/permlink pro-site-5.

Did you try to remove all the pro sites pages and then removing them from trash also? When there wont be any page with pro-site slug, it should create new one without the increasing number – but they have to be removed also from thrash.

kind regards,

Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Viktor,

First, take a backup of whole site, especially database. Then enabled debug log in WordPress. To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define(‘WP_DEBUG’, true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( ‘WP_DEBUG_LOG’, true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( ‘WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY’, false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it. I would need then to see contents of the debug.log file – so please paste it to the text file and attach to post.

So this time when you will update plugin, in case of any errors they will be logged to the debug.log. And this will should tell us what happen there.

kind regards,

Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.