Can i build webshop in multisite blogs

Can i build a webshop in the new blog/website template for every user where he can put his own products in where i can get a percentage from or is it better to give them my products. Can i make this webshop in this template http://mijnautomatischegeldmachine(dot)com/website1/

Please advice?

• johnnymestizo
    • HummingBird

Hi,

Can i build a webshop in the new blog/website template for every user where he can put his own products in where i can get a percentage from

Yes you can when you network activate the Marketpress plugin on your Wordpress Multi-site install. To get a percentage you must change the Marketpress payment settings to chained payments.

is it better to give them my products.

There is a few ways to do this. You could allow them to create their own products AND sell yours buy using the Marketpress short code to display your product ID's on their site. You could possibly use the affiliate plugin as I believe this has been updated to provide Marketpress product affiliate sale links.

Can i make this webshop in this template http://mijnautomatischegeldmachine(dot)com/website1/

Yes, when you setup a Wordpress Multi-site install you can select the SUB-DIRECTORY option.

However, that is quite a long main site domain name.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Johnny

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there,

Just to extend on Johnny's awesome response there.

Yes, this is possible when network activated through the Paypal Chained Payments gateway.

You set the fee you wish to take, and then Paypal do the rest. Paypal do require you to go through a separate application to your normal account and it can be rather cumbersome. It originally took me some months to get their approval so unless anything has changed since then, be prepared. :slight_smile:

If you were wanting to give them your products you would need a way to limit certain options, like price, or even editing that product. Otherwise they could mess with those products on their site and it could ultimately be your liability when it comes to covering the costs and shipping.

Hope this helps.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.