Can I change text for non-wpmu plugins?

With the textchange feature can I rename other plugins in the admin menu? I tried adding a global text change but it didn't work in any of the menus, the names stayed the same.

• Mike
    • The Bug Hunter

Damn, I keep doing this. I ask a question that's been bothering me then immediately work out the answer. Sorry!

Turns out the strings I selected were being generated in pieces so I got it to work by selecting the actual text domain and individual words instead of phrase.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Mike,

Quite a nice conversation you have here with yourself, do you mind if I jump in? :slight_smile:

The "Text change" feature isn't limited to WPMU plugins at all, however there are some other limitations. As you've noticed - and you're right - it will not work for example with string that are hard-coded into plugin or theme as there's no good way to "find-and-replace" such strings. I guess we can call those strings "non translatable", however the same behavior may sometimes apply to strings that were designed to be translatable but the plugin was somehow "poorly coded".

That said, there's no other way to know for which strings "text change" will work other then just testing it. It should work with all our plugins, at least unless the string wasn't made non-replaceable intentionally.

I hope that helps!

Have a great day!
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.