Can I choose what ever theme I want for Multisite?

I am looking for themes to use as my landingpage/startpage for multisite hosting. Can I for instance find a theme from themeforest.net and use as my site for comunicating, and information on how to sign up for a blog or a site. And I can have support info and videos on these sites? Almoust like a startpage as edublogs.org has? And only when loged in they can see the support videos and text explanations, join a supportforum and buddypressforum? Does any theme work for this or do I need a spesial page as "The Edublogs.org homepage theme"?

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @René

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

Yes, you can use any theme you want or like. But note that, no theme will be exactly same as you want, so you must need to customize the pages to fit your needs. When you will buy a theme from themeforest or any other market, first check the comments in there fro other buyers and ask to the developer which theme options they are providing. So you can decide which one is more customizable.

Edublogs pages all are customized and some of the features are developed by our developers. So, you won't get exact same feature anywhere else until you develop one :slight_smile:

Hope it helps! Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

• René
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi, and thanks for answering. I am a bit confused about "The Edublogs.org homepage theme". I have downloaded it but I would surely like to edit the homepage to look more like the one edublogs.org uses. Is that possible? Or is the homepage set as it is? Only the text and pictures can be changed?
    Do you know any pages who uses this theme? It would have been good to take a look at some to get an idea of how it can look like :slight_smile:

Is for instance this site a part of the same theme, or is it another theme installed? http://help.edublogs.org/

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Yes, but as I said you need to make it like the edublogs.com site's homepage. The theme includes different settings in theme options, you need to play with that and find the settings that fits your needs.

The main functionality of that theme is to enable two home pages - one for logged in users and the other for logged out users.

Cheers
    Ash

• René
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

How do I make help.domain.com a subsite of my main site? Du i just ad it to the meny as a link in my menu? Will the users have to make a new user and password, or can they use the one they already have to my main site?

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

To use help.domain.com as a support site you have two ways. Either you can create a subdomain in your cpanel and install a new wordpress in that subdomain.

Or you need to host a multisite at domain.com so that you can create a subsite as help.domain.com under one wordpress site. I think you already have a multisite. So just create a new subsite from Network Admin > Sites > Add New. Also, your multisite needs to be subdomain based, not subfolder based.

This is possible to create cross site login. Once you create the subsite, create a link in your main site for the help subsite.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.