Can I copy MartketPress (2 columns) from dashboard widget "Right Now" to Store Stats Widge

With easy blogging, I managed to create a member service centre, and step by step MarketPress shop-setup wizard.

Would prefer MarketPress have its own dashboard widget(s), separate from “Right Now” to reduce distraction for newbies. I had to remove it to prevent new pages, categories and tags from being created.

*Would be ideal if I could isolate and copy code that outlines the 2 columns of MP data in “right now”, and paste it into the store stats widget.*

Is this possible?

Thank you!

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there,

Thanks for posting on the forums.

Would prefer MarketPress have its own dashboard widget(s), separate from “Right Now” to reduce distraction for newbies. I had to remove it to prevent new pages, categories and tags from being created.

I am gonna have to look into the code to see if that is possible with some basic coding.

BTW, its a nice idea for it to have a separate dashboard widget. Let me discuss it internally.

Cheers, PC

• be
    • WP Core Meltdown

@MoniQ

@pc

Sounds like these might assist you.

We had the same sort of end result requirement.

So there was a “Store Stat” widget created for us.. and another marketpress/easyblogging control options. addition..

We did ask for them to go to core as I think they are invaluable for those of us doing a true global store setup…

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/multisite-want-all-users-to-force-easy-blogging-settings

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/easy-blogging-marketpress-oversight-or-update

• be
    • WP Core Meltdown

@pc

Thanks again .. Part of the problem is the new way this forum is stripping out the Header or Whats your question line and only gives the first sentence as the header when we ask a question which explains the odd questions now appearing..

So I headed that post – Marketpress widget and it removes that and gives the first sentence which does not aide in finding things.. :slight_smile:

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey be,

I just tested it here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/this-is-a-test-question-to-see-if-the-title-gets-replaced and it works fine for me.

Then I tested it here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/lorem-ipsum-dolor-sit-amet-consectetur-adipiscing-elit-1 and found the issue.

Its happening when the title does not contain enough words.

I have still sent this to the developers so that they can have a closer look.

Cheers, PC

• be
    • WP Core Meltdown

thanks @pc it was kind of random but now it seems to be every post I put up and am also getting Lots of – enter the post and click send post – which gives “this topic is closed.. message and have to retype.. very annoying..

:slight_smile:

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey be,

Thanks for your post.

Would you please be so kind to create a new thread regarding the same so that we can look into this separately ?

That ways we will be able to keep this separate from what was originally reported in this thread.

Cheers, PC

• MoniQ
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hello PC and be, I wondered if it is possible to copy 2 columns from the “Right Now” dashboard (store content and orders) over to “Store Stats”. I read all the threads from “be”. Picked up the add ons for easy blogging and marketpress which are great! Still wondering on the dashboard copying.

Thank you!

• be
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi @MoniQ

The dashboard widget should be visible like this.. it is a separate panel.. from the "Right now"

If you are using Right now as well, it should already display the store details..

(we do not use right now as it gives store owners access to other pages etc we do not want them to alter)

• be
    • WP Core Meltdown

and you can turn off access to tags etc by combination of using

“Blog templates” and making the copy store (which you cannot use) have the required default settings and info then under

Easy blogging settings at the very bottom = hide display – if you don’t want them to be seen (this means store owners cannot choose them = eg” we use tags for promo only and store owners cannot alter ie: if product is on sale the item is auto tagged “promo” so we can display elsewhere) but they do not see or add to that tag.

the other area will go look and add below to ensure they can see but not add more and only pick from default choices

• be
    • WP Core Meltdown

I just turned Right now back on to make sure we are on the same page… as it were..

So if you cannot see them in your standard "right now" they will be turned off somewhere..

Depends on which plugins.

but either

Ultimate Branding. or

Easy Blogging

and the Main network setting (with marketpress addon)

have different places to show or remove items..

• MoniQ

Hey be, thanks.

I don't have "status" selection under the Easy Blogging Dashboard Widgets page (image above)! You have a huge list there, mine ends with "Other WordPress News (see below). I have only 7 selections. Is there an add on I am missing?

Dashboard: In the Right Now dashboard, I really really want the "Content" and "Discussion" columns, but none of the rest. I have the store stats dashboard which is great. If I got this right, you are saying the Ultimate Branding plugin will hide parts of "Right Now"? If not, is there a way to copy the column code and add it to store stats?

Category/tag control: You are saying CustomPress will not allow me to stop site admins from adding to categories and tags? Darn! (They do need access to cats/tags to select for products). Sounds like I need to install a "user role plugin instead. Correct? Can you recommend one. I heard multi user management messes with new site creations, which I cannot afford. Is there another?

Listing global cats/tags: How can I list global categories in the sidebar, if I have almost 100 of them (10 parent names, 10 child names under each)? This is where I get stuck. I don't know how to list parent and child names, without a long list of crazy. Is there a WP plugin somewhere that can animate parent categories, i.e. once clicked, child categories list underneath kind of thing?

Thanks a million!

Thanks for your help!

• be
    • WP Core Meltdown

Sorry Monique it can get all a bit all over the place.

Category/tag control: You are saying CustomPress will not allow me to stop site admins from adding to categories and tags? Darn! (They do need access to cats/tags to select for products). Sounds like I need to install a “user role plugin instead. Correct? Can you recommend one. I heard multi user management messes with new site creations, which I cannot afford. Is there another?

Yes you CAN have stores choose from predefined or remove that option altogether so its either or..

This is a role setting – ie this role can add or remove categories.. See here where I got more grey hairs trying to get this right.. :slight_smile:

Other WordPress News (see below). I have only 7 selections. Is there an add on I am missing?

Not sure, it relates to what plugins and addons you have active.

Dashboard: In the Right Now dashboard, I really really want the “Content” and “Discussion” columns, but none of the rest.

Can you screen shot what you have, I think I am misunderstanding – we only have those 2 columns in right now..

Listing global cats/tags: How can I list global categories in the sidebar, if I have almost 100 of them (10 parent names

We are using Custom taxonomies for listing – it is not very “pretty” but am getting round to that..

This one “Query Multiple Taxonomies” Network activated (which is the only one I found so far that will pull them globally front end) so there could be better options..

• be
    • WP Core Meltdown

So have I misunderstood?

Currently you have the in the “Right Now” section

Content – showing posts, pages categories etc.

Discussion – showing Comment approved etc.

Followed by thenext section which is the standard store widget

Showing

Products one side and orders the other..

• MoniQ

Your link does not work…

See here where I got more grey hairs trying to get this right.. :slight_smile:

Ok be, I almost have my head around this…

you use a user role to stop site admins from adding to your cats/tags. (not custompress – can you tell me which plugin – and did that plugin cause you any grief, i.e. issues with new site creations?)

you use “Query Multiple Taxonomies” Network activated to setup your selection system. (not custompress, by the way what do “levels” and “resource” do?)

and somehow you have “right Now” dashboard widget displaying only the good stuff and not the noise. (but you don’t know how you did it LOL, was it ultimate branding?)

Greatly appreciated.

• be
    • WP Core Meltdown

and somehow you have “right Now” dashboard widget displaying only the good stuff and not the noise. (but you don’t know how you did it LOL, was it ultimate branding?)

They are actually the same – I turn off right now but when its on it has the same data as yours is showing above (apart from askimet..

Brahhahhaha try this one

Custom Press is a WPMU plugin that allows you to add your own “you guessed it” custom taxonomies or categories. etc

In our case we need predefined specifics with choices inside those specifics..

That is just a test list of custom taxonomies to search by – front end..

using the plugin “Query Multiple Taxonomies”

And Gridmarket theme

• MoniQ

so be, if I use multi site management to

create a User role having manage_categories capability unchecked

allows

User with that role to see the predefined [Custompress] categories – use them but not add to them.

would this also affect the marketpress “add category/tag” options

for all new sites created on the network

If not, then I will have to install custompress to create my categories and tags?!

Thanks for your time.

• MoniQ

@pc

@be

after all the reading and thread searches, it seems no one has tried to pull

right now dashboard – “store content” and “orders” columns

into the store statistics dashboard

to create a super-marketpress dashboard.

Is this possible?

Thanks.

• be
    • WP Core Meltdown

would this also affect the marketpress “add category/tag” options

for all new sites created on the network

Yes it does

to create a super-marketpress dashboard

Apologies if you were trying to setup a Superadmin for all sales across the network I believe this is not possible.. (could be wrong though)You can however check each site if you were needing info..

ie: depends if you are using chained payments or what gateway etc..

• MoniQ

@MoniQ

in left sidebar

I have 10 parent categories

each have 10 sub-categories

will query multiple taxonomies plugin help me to display

list of 10 parent cats, when clicked,

display its sub-cat list underneath

or could I do this

Parent-name1 title

[drop down menu of 10 child-names1]

Parent-name2 title

[drop down menu of 10 child-names2]

all the way down the sidebar

or is there an html code somewhere that will help me animate this

Cheers.

• be
    • WP Core Meltdown

will query multiple taxonomies plugin help me to display

list of 10 parent cats, when clicked,

display its sub-cat list underneath

Yes it will.

But as above it is not “pretty” more practical..

There may be better options for you – did you try “global search widget”

• MoniQ

Update :slight_smile:

Main goal of this thread was to build a dashboard to serve network MarketPress shop merchants = store statistics + right now (store content) + (orders). No luck so far. I may have to pull "right now" out of site admin area.

Thread evolved into a guide on how to build a "main site" MP Global Product Category vertical accordion Menu.

Menus and methods I tried, have their shortfalls. My latest attempt:

— Populated a shop-template "MarketPress product categories" with 10 parent names; each with 10 sub-cat names.

— Formatted this Product Category Menu using Appearance/Menus.

— Installed jquery accordion vertical menu plugin. Prints Menu nicely with css work (see below).

— Installed user role editor to deselect "manage_categories".

Looks great!

Issues:

1) Jquery menu widget pulls in MP Product Categories. How do I get it to list product grids on the main site for the global network? (i.e. is there a way to add MP global product category shortcode/code in with jquery menu php?)

2) "Menus-Editor" cut my list off by 18 categories! Can this be fixed so I can copy shop-template menu to other sites. (I may not want this big menu on each site; may just use regular MP shortcode).

3) GridMarket sidebar kicks out widgets! (thread) See below. Background colour should be under entire shop-template sidebar. Main site is worse.

Next step is to rebuild product categories in custompress to add 18 items?! (thread) How? Is there a simple 123 steps on this? Then:

— How do I get MarketPress to use this list instead of its own?

— How do I pull list in jquery menu widget – will it pull in custompress list directly?

— Will custompress help with main site global product category searching?

— Will I have to format custompress list in Menus-Editor, if so then…

I rather get help to add the 18 category items into Menus-Editor.

And get help to make jquery menu widget work for global product categories.

Thank you :slight_smile:

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there MoniQ,

Sorry but this thread has become very confusing due to references and links to different threads you have opened.

I see that for the issues listed in the last post, you have got separate threads so I think we should better continue on them separately ?

Cheers, PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Indeed.

I see how having everything in a separate MarketPress Dashboard widget would be cool.

Let me move that to “Features and Feedback” so that others can vote on this and our product team can add their thoughts as well.

While its not a much requested feature, I think that we could get some +ve direction once our lead @aaron is back :slight_smile:

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.