Can I create a subscription with marketpress where an item

Can I create a subscription with marketpress where an item is charged automatically every month or year.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Justin,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

If you wish to build a subscription-based site (or simply offer subscription based access to some parts of your site) you may want to turn your attention to our Membership 2 Pro plugin. Take a look here please:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership/

In case you need a simpler solution, you may want to give our Pay Per View plugin a try:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/pay-per-view/

I hope that helps and if you have any further questions, I'll be glad to assist!

Cheers,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Justin,

Unfortunately this is not something currently possible with MarketPress plugin but we had few requests for it and are considering adding this feature in future.
    For now best way to go would be using the Membership 2 plugin as @Adam Czajczyk suggested.

If you need to customize this then you can post a job in our job board where you can hire a developer to assist further:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/
    Please note that, no WPMU official staff members are allowed to work in the job board.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Adrian
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I'm going to put my vote in for adding functionality so we can do subscription products to MarketPress. For example we've been considering offering "Earrings of the Month", but we'd want them to be able to be added to the cart just like any other item, just with a recurring payment.

• Adrian
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I've heard that a new MarketPress update is 'coming soon', does anyone know if this is a feature that might be included?
    We've finalized all of the product portions of our subscription, now we just need to be able to take payments automatically each month along with the other items they may have in their cart.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Adrian,

I hope you're well today!

I can confirm "the gossip" about upcoming MarketPress. However that's all I can say :slight_smile: I'm not able to give you any ETA on this and any feature preview, it would be up to developers I guess. From what I have heard though I can only say that for sure is well worth waiting :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Adam

• Adrian
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I saw the changelist in the 3.0Beta thread and most of the changes look really sweet. Some of them had me "woohooing", but subscriptions weren't in there which was a bummer. Still hoping they will get added. Right now I think we might have to just have to have a PayPal button for that option and hope the separate checkout won't turn people off.

• Burnstuff
    • Flash Drive

+1 for Subscriptions AKA recurring payments would be awesome for me because I build donation sites for charities and they all want the option of monthly or recurring gifts on the donation forms. Many of them are faced with having to sign up to expensive donor database systems to accomplish this, or use PayPal, which is a whole other problem in itself.

WPMU could change the world by adding recurring payments to MarketPress!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.