Can I create an additional field for the client to fill out?

Can I create an additional field for the client to fill out in addition to the name, phone, etc.?

I want to have a field where they can specify any special needs such as wheelchair, etc. But the field does not need to be required.

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi,

In this post you can see an example of adding a field:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/appointments-layout-design#post-298968

If you are not using all of the provided text fields, you can completely rename their titles (including admin side):
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-do-i-collect-additional-data-from-the-appointment-form#post-281545

As a third alternative, notes field can also be used for special client requests. Just modify confirmation shortcode like this:

[app_confirmation note="Special requests"]

The other field titles can also be renamed using the shortcode (excluding admin side).

Cheers,
    Hakan

• dwhitmyre
    • New Recruit

Also, I wanted to change the title at the top where it says My Appointments. I would like it to say Select a Reading Time, since that is what we are using it for:
    thebookmarathon.com

Also, the bar at the top that has Service, Provider, Date-Time, Status, is there a way to get rid of that? We really don't need it for this appliction of the plugin. And we only have one service. We are having people select 15 minute increments for a reading time.

There is also a line that says: Click a free day to apply for an appointment.
    Can we change that to say: Click a free day to select a reading time.

Thanks,
    David

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Where exactly would you put this shortcode?

This shortcode is already on the Make an Appointment page.

If you have a look at the editor of "Make an Appointment" page created by A+, you will see that all shortcodes are already there.

To modify them as you wish, see Shortcodes tab.

For example:

There is also a line that says: Click a free day to apply for an appointment.
    Can we change that to say: Click a free day to select a reading time.

Change app_monthly_schedule or app_schedule shortcode (logged parameter).

[app_monthly_schedule logged="Click a free day to select a reading time."]

Also, the bar at the top that has Service, Provider, Date-Time, Status, is there a way to get rid of that?

Remove app_my_appointments shortcode.

Cheers,
    Hakan

• dwhitmyre
    • New Recruit

Thank you for the feedback. Unforunately I must really be stupid! (no comment!!)

WHERE exactly is one supposed to make these chages to shortcodes??
    At the top of the Shortcodes tab in the A+ Settings, it says you can customize your appointment pages using the WordPress post editor. How exactly does one do this?? There are no Pages that can be edited for the A+ page, that I can see.

You say

If you have a look at the editor of "Make an Appointment" page created by A+, you will see that all shortcodes are already there.

To modify them as you wish, see Shortcodes tab.

Where is this page?? Then you say to modify, see Shortcodes tab. Okay, I'm looking at that tab. It describes the shortcodes. it does not tell me WHERE to make these changes!!! WHERE do I make these changes? WHERE do I add these shortcodes??

Thanks,
    David

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

@dwhitmyre

When you install appointments+ there is an option to create a make an appointments page.

so go to pages in your wordpress dashboard and look for the page called "make a appointment"

look under the page you have options view trash edit quick edit.

Select edit and then you can modify the short codes etc displayed there.

Cheers! Tom

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.