Can I create Custom Post Types in Custom Press to be Used

Can I create Custom Post Types in Custom Press to be Used in Wiki Pro?

Seems like a logical progression of two of you plugins working together?

J

• Andre Foisy

Hi there @John,

Welcome to the WPMU Dev community, and thank you for contacting our support team with your question.

I hope you're having a great day! :slight_smile:

Sounds like a great plan you have there. There are several possibilities, we have yet to determine what exactly you want to do. For example, you ask about using "Custom post types" in Wiki Pro while wikis are post types by themselves, so in fact were you referring to using "custom fields" in wikis?

If you let me know more of what you want to accomplish that would help to find the right solution. :slight_smile:

Looking forward to your input.
    Best regards,
    Andre

• Andre Foisy

Hello again @John

I hope your day is great today!

I think I see what you mean, and certainly certainly Custom Press has a great flexibility that has the limit of your own imagination, but has I said above that plugin is a tool to create Custom Post Types, and this is exactly what Wiki posts are by themselves, custom post types.

I think the best way to answer this question and for you to understand is simply to install it and play with it. You may find yourself creating a post type you would prefer to the actual wiki type, but it can not be used to "enhance" the actual Wiki.

Now, if you just want to enhance the actual Wiki post type with "bells and whistles" then you could use a powerful shortcode generator in the like of
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/shortcodes-ultimate/ that works perfectly well with Wikis. Take care this one could be addictive though :slight_smile:

Check it out and you may come back whenever you need help.

Andre

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.