Can I create one subsite and restore each snapshot over the other?

Hello

I have several snapshots I want to restore in order to get data from each. I'm working on a Multisite. Can I create one subsite and restore each snapshot over the other? Will this wipe out the prior snapshot so I only have the latest site I'm trying to extract data from?

• Swapnil

Hello Chris,
    Yes, of course, you can use the snapshot to restore subsites. Please refer these article for further reference.

Also, let me inform you that, the users and user meta may not work exactly like it did on the main site. The wp_users and wp_usermeta ( which contain this info ) are global sites and restoring subsites won't bring this data back.

Can you restore the primary blog and if that's not possible can you manually import the user's tables back into the site using a tool like phpMyAdmin.

To fix this, you need to go through the database and change the prefix on all the rows for wp_#_user_roles to newprefix_#_user_roles. That row in the options table has to have the same prefix as all the table names in the database.

Actually, you may not need to change prefixed most of the times, especially when you are using the standard wp_.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance with this,

Regards,
    Swapnil V. Patil