Can I disable Shipping in MarketPress?

I'm using MarketPress to sell two products my farm produces online. 1) Side of beef that my customers pick up directly from the Butcher - so no shipping. and 2) Hayrides that are a service and no shipping.

That said, I deselected or said "NO" to shipping, in the settings, but yet each time someone orders, it takes them through the shipping process.

In a test of the process, I selected a side of beef and added it to my cart. I then chose to Check out now. I was then Navigated to a "shipping page" where I was asked to "enter your shipping info". I plugged in my email then selected "Continue to Checkout”. Entered my shipping info, included my CC data and selected continue only to arrive at “enter your billing info” Which was mostly filled out but then it wanted my CC data again Entered CC data (again) THEN it wanted me to Confirm Payment (i did) and it took me to a page that listed my now incomplete shipping data but it did have my billing data. So I “confirm Payment” (without putting in the shipping info that went missing) and got the message,” there was a problem finalizing your purchase. "Please go back and try again”

Domain is: http://www.hammersgrassfedbeef.com
Using MarketPress v2.9.4 with Authorize.net as my payment processor, which is right now in Test mode.

I'm confused on what is missing. Any help is greatly appreciated!

• Larry
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Q1.2 Additionally - I'm using Appointment+ with this plugin too. It is bringing the reservation for the Hayride through Authorize.net vs. Paypal.

Is there a better way to integrate them so that in the step outlined above, customers won't have to enter their information twice? They do it in the Reservation for the hayride, then get to the cart and have to do it again.

Larry

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @Larry,

Thank you for your question.

When the product only contains Digital Download product and No shipping option is set then the shipping option is not displayed when a person goes through the checkout procedure but if you have set No shipping option and the cart contains any non Digital Download product then at lease email address is collected which is required.

Currently there is only an integration between appointments and MarketPress to add appointments in the product cart using "Appointments in product cart" Appointments+ add-on. I will move this over to the features & feedback section. This way it can be considered for future development, and we can also see what

Cheers,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Larry
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Vinod,

Ok, I think I understand. Are you saying that on all my products - even through they're not digital - I have to enter a file address as download link? Does that trick the process in some way to void past the shipping process?

Larry

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.