Can I edit Appointment page copy lines?

Is there a way to edit the copy bits on the appointments page to my client's liking? We'd like to edit things like:

"Please select a service:"
"Click a free day to apply for an appointment."

etc.

Thanks,
Michael

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi Michael,

Unfortunately the last time we checked this wasn't possible through the 'out the box' solution.

I'm aware that v1.3 is being beta tested so I will try and check if this functionality is included or perhaps one of the top guys at wpmu can chip in and confirm.

Regards
    SteveB

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Michael,

I hope you are well today, currently I don't believe this would be possible to edit them specific pieces of text, let me check with the lead plugin developer Ve (@Vladislav)

While this may take slightly longer than an average ticket, I will try and get an answer for you ASAP.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

I agree that the strings used in the plugin should be filterable. However, let's try and see if there's something you can use right now. At least for the text lines you mentioned in your opening post, the plugin allows you to override them using the shortcode attributes, which might be easier then overriding them using hooks. For an example, to change the "Please select a service:" text, you'd use this form of app_services shortcode:

[app_services select="You're the one that I want pooh pooh pooh"]

Likewise, to change the text that says "Click a free day to apply for an appointment", you can use this form of "app_monthly_schedule" shortcode:

[app_monthly_schedule logged="You're the one that I want pooh pooh pooh"]

Obviously, you'll likely want to use different labels, but you get the picture. The shortcode attributes might be a bit cryptic at first, but their usage and possible values are thoroughly explained under the "Shortcodes" tab in plugin settings. I hope this can help you provide the proper labels for your services selection rendering.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for being a great community member.

We haven't heard from you on this one for long and I am doing a regular followup to see if there is still something we can assist you on this thread.

Just to manage the support issues more efficiently, I am marking this thread as resolved for now however this is not being done to avoid your questions in any ways.

Please feel free to mark this is "Not resolved" in case you have further questions and we would be back on it.

Thanks a lot for being with WPMU DEV.

Cheers
    PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.