can I export all plugins and settings to another account

OK I am setting up several client sites as individual WP installs on a DV server. I am setting up an admin account just for our company to have WPMU installed with several plugins which will help us make a more managed WP environment.

The first question is: I am installing the same plugins and adding the same settings over and over. is there a way to export the settings and import into a new site to help speed up a new site setup?

The second questions is: Is there a way to lock down WP so that all a client can do is adjust text, images, and posts? And not be able to touch anything else like plugins, themes, etc?

Thanks!
Cody

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Cody,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question! :slight_smile:

The first question is: I am installing the same plugins and adding the same settings over and over. is there a way to export the settings and import into a new site to help speed up a new site setup?

This depend on the plugins in question, in general with multiple single site installs, it's normally quicker, as the settings won't be saved. It's possible to setup a script to auto install WordPress and set plugins, or even use a service like ManageWP.com with it's copy function, but settings wouldn't be copied.

The second questions is: Is there a way to lock down WP so that all a client can do is adjust text, images, and posts? And not be able to touch anything else like plugins, themes, etc?

There sure is! :slight_smile: You can do various things for this, but the best way would most likely be to use user role editor https://wordpress.org/plugins/user-role-editor/ which will allow you to customize all the default roles for WordPress and also create custom roles with various capabilities.

Also what is the best way to hide the wpmudev dashboard from clients?

By default the dashboard would be hidden from clients, the dashboard only shows to the admin user that uploads and activates it. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.