Can i get rid of the registration process?

Hi,

Will it be possible to remove the registration function in order to ask a question?
If yes what should i do?
Also how can i get rid of the tag in the ask a question page?
Now i want also the questions and answers to hold for moderation before i publish it is it possible too?

Thanks

• Han
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi masah,

Will it be possible to remove the registration function in order to ask a question?
    If yes what should i do?

> Not possible at current version.

Also how can i get rid of the tag in the ask a question page?

> The tag is not mandatory so you can leave it blank. If you want to hide it, try this css

#question-tags-label, #question-tags-td {
        display: none;
    }

Now i want also the questions and answers to hold for moderation before i publish it is it possible too?

> not possible currently unfortunately.

You can request the features to be added and let's see if the dev / member find it useful.

Hope that helps =)

• masah
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi riyaku,

Are you sure that their is no way to allow all the users to write a question?

To be honest , the registration process is not the easyest way to bring Questions or answers.

its just one more step for a question.

This is the reason i want to get rid of it.

BTW thanks for the CSS trick it works,.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

I'll pass feedback to the developer.

One thing to mention though is the amount of spam I receive on some sites in the comments is immense and they are moderated (and in contact forms), I would hate to see the amount you would see if no registration is required at all.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya masah,

The other route you could take would be to try the members plugin (or any user role plugin).

With Q&A activated, make sure you have a default role you're going to assign to folks, then in the members plugin provide that role with the ability to edit questions and answers, but not the ability to publish them. This is how the 'contributor' role works with regular posts by default. The result should be that this user role can create/edit questions and answers, but you will need to come along and 'publish' them.

Would that get the job done for ya?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.