Can I Give Theme and Plugin Installation Rights to Members

Can I give my members installation rights for plugins and themes that they purchase and download?

or

Do I have to set it up using the premium themes and plugins feature of the Pro SItes plugin?

If I have to use the Premium Themes and Plugins feature, how do I set those up?

Thanks,
Shinshuri

• PC

Hello Shinshuri,

Greetings and thanks for writing to us via the forums.

Can I give my members installation rights for plugins and themes that they purchase and download?

WP Multisite, works just the same as wordpress.com does. They also do not allow installation of Plugins/themes by the users. The main reason for this is network security. You can not be sure about the quality of the plugin/theme code which is being uploaded by the user. In case the code contains some nasty script, it can mess up the whole network and BOOM - Everything is gone.

Do I have to set it up using the premium themes and plugins feature of the Pro SItes plugin?

By activating that module, you allow your users to access the Themes and Plugins which you have designated as Premium. However, that also, does not allow you to give your users the ability to install themes/plugins on their own.

Prosites Usage Page

Please let me know if you have more questions on the same and I would just be around.

Cheers
    PC

• ibunkerz

@shinshuri

You as a SUPER ADMIN can Install Plugins/themes your members purchased from any third party. Just tell your members to send those plugins/themes .zip files to you via any medium

Review and check those plugins/themes for nasty scripts or vulnerability.

If those plugins seems to be good. Install those plugins/themes on your network and goto the site dashboard of that member and activate the plugin for him/her.

Note: Still its a risky work. Please appoint somebody to check the plugins/themes codes while reviewing. Always Check the plugins/themes on a TEST SITE before installing them directly on your business network

We too doing this. Keep this service as Premium Add On Service

Charge them some extra bucks for ON DEMAND plugins/themes installations.

Hope this could help.

Regards