Can I have a multisite marketplace that doesn't have individual stores?

I am trying to setup a marketplace for listing digital products that people can upload and sell. However, as I explore things it seems that each person has to make a "store front" and if you click on a persons product from the main domain store it will lead you into their store and then you are stuck just looking at their products. Is it possible (without a massive amount of custom coding) to have the site be one main store with sellers being able to list items?

My plan is to use multisite and marketpress.

• PC

Hello Dayne,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

Without individual store, you can not manage it. it's a core feature around which MarketPress is built.

However you can use Global shortcodes to list the products on the main site.

You can also use Enable Global shopping cart so that your buyers can keep browsing on the sites and adding products to their carts.

You can add Visit a store link like http://nuwshop.com/ using Blogs directory plugin where the users can visit different stores on your network.

That is the best way to do it at the moment.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• PC

Even with doing it that way can I still control the look of each store and have each store have a link to the main home page to see all the uploaded content?

You can use New Blog Templates to create template blogs which the users can choose while creating a site on your network. So you can have a particular page you have created un deletable and you can place the link to the network site there.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.