Can I import users, then Add Subscription in bulk?

I have 300+ members to add in to Membership at a specific level. It seems that I could do a CSV User import via the Wordpress Users control panel. Then, I would go into Membership, All Members and then search on their role and Add Subscription for all of them. Is there any reason this would not work?

The only problem I see is that it would not set their subscription expiration date. Would have to do that from one of the SQL tables? And, if the above works, can you tell me table and fields I'd have to adjust? I'm not a SQL expert but I have one that can help.

Thanks so much!
Dave

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Dave,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I have 300+ members to add in to Membership at a specific level. It seems that I could do a CSV User import via the Wordpress Users control panel. Then, I would go into Membership, All Members and then search on their role and Add Subscription for all of them. Is there any reason this would not work?

It should work without any issue.

The only problem I see is that it would not set their subscription expiration date.

It will automatically set the subscription expiration date on adding the Membership subscription to the members manually.

Do you want to set the subscription expiration date for the specific date?

Please advise.

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Jude

Hi there @Dave,

Here is some SQL that you can modify and set custom expiration dates. This is a SELECT that gets you the data. Once you are sure this is what you want then change it to an UPDATE query

SELECT  <code>ID</code> , <code>sub_id</code>	, <code>level_id</code>, <code>user_email</code> ,  <code>user_login</code> , <code>display_name</code>
    # Primary key is rel_id
    FROM  <code>wp_m_membership_relationships</code>
    # Primary key ID (WordPress .. duh !)
    INNER JOIN  <code>wp_users</code> ON <code>wp_m_membership_relationships.user_id</code> = <code>wp_users.ID</code>
    # Filter based on startdate
    WHERE  <code>startdate</code>
    # Date Range in YYYY-MM-DD HH-MM-SS format
    BETWEEN  '2015-01-30 23:59:59'
    AND  '2015-02-01 23:59:59'

EDIT SQL formatting is not so great here, try this Gist

https://gist.github.com/JudeRosario/9ba68828ffc0bf894ac7

Cheers

Jude

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.