Can I install Issue theme?

Hello,
I was looking a theme for a news website and Issue theme's description appears it is the only one built for this purpose.

However, I couldn't find it on my dashboard and couldn't install it from here as well. Days "installation failed" and advises me to download WPMUDEV dashboard.

Am I allowed to use the theme or is it affiliate product.....? Just confused.

• Camilo
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hello Daniel,

I'm also trying some of the themes on the Membership, and I did the following.

I went to this page:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/issue/

If you are logged in your account, you will see a green "INSTALL" button.

Right next to it you can download:
    1. The Issue theme.
    2. The Upfront theme.

So I downloaded both and then uploaded them to my WordPress. I uploaded the Upfront theme first (which is the main theme) and after that the Issue theme (which is the starter theme).

After that, you can start using it.

Hope this helps.
    Camilo

• Daniel Berhane
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Oh. I see. Upfront is mandatory. ..?

After reading your reply, I went to my WPMU DEV dashboard and installed Upfront. Immediately, Issue theme was available on themes list. I installed it.

I didn't still activate Upfront. But I was able to activate the child theme. Hmm. I wonder the relationship.....

Thanks for your help.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Daniel,

Upfront is parent theme for all the child themes like Issue, Fixer, Sprite... etc. It has to be installed so child theme will work because it has all the functionality behind the Editor. You don't need to activate Upfront but it has to be there.
    If you install themes from WPMU DEV Dashboard then you don't need to install Upfront separably as it will be installed automatically.
    Let me know if you have more questions

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.