Can I install Prosites on a subdomain?

Hi

I have only one question.
Is it possible to install Pro Sites on a subdomain, and then give users when they signup a subdomain, too?

myprosites.domain.com <--my Prosites
client.domain.com <--client

Possible, or do I have to do it like that:
myprosites.domain.com
myprosites.domain.com/client

Thx for your time.
Silvio

• aristath

Hello there @Silvio,

If you install WordPress multisite on a subdomain and set it up to use subdomains, then your URL structure would look like this:
    myprosites.domain.com <--my Prosites
    client.myprosites.domain.com <--client

However, using a plugin like our Multi-domains plugin, users CAN choose a domain like client.domain2.com.
    In fact, you can use multiple domains and give your users an option so they can choose between client.domain2.com, client.domain3.com, client.domain4.com etc.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Silvio

Hi.

First thank you for the very quick response. You guys rock!
    But I have to re-open this for now. Because...
    ...this means, I can't have it like this:

client.mydomain.com

I'd have to get a second domain, map it, and then use it like you described? Even with this Plugin? And then it would look like this:

client.mydomain2.com

Otherwise, I would have to work with folders, or not?

Or do I misunderstand you?

Silvio

• aristath

First thank you for the very quick response. You guys rock!

Thank you! You just made my day. :slight_smile:

I'd have to get a second domain, map it, and then use it like you described? Even with this Plugin?

If you setup your network on sub.domain.com, then this will be your "root".
    domain.com is considered a different domain!
    So using the Multi-Domains plugin that I mentioned earlier, you can setup domain.com as an "addon" domain.
    This way, when users try to register a site they will be able to choose a domain structure like client.domain.com, OR client.sub.domain.com. It's up to them...

In other words, you don't have to buy another domain.
    That of course requires you to setup your network on sub.domain.com from the beginning, and not on domain.com with sub.domain.com being just a site on your network. I hope that makes sense... :slight_smile:

If you want to work with folders and not subdomains then no configuration is required. It will simply work out of the box. :slight_smile:

I hope that helps...

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.