Can I integrate CoursePress with MailChimp?

I want to have registration/purchase of a course automatically sign them up for a MailChimp list I'll be creating for the whole school I'm creating (with multiple CoursePress PRO courses in it) and (ideally) I'll create separate groups within that list for each course.

Is there a way that when someone purchases a course, they are auto-signed up to that specific group on that list? The problem I'm seeing here is that on MailChimp this seems to require Ecommerce 360 which only integrates with the ecommerce plugins listed on this page: http://kb.mailchimp.com/integrations/other-integrations/about-ecommerce360 of which MarketPress is not one. But it seems CoursePress requires MarketPress.

Are there any ways to make this work?

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hey there, Emily!

I think this is a fantastic idea, so I'm going to mark it as a feature request. I know we're doing quite a bit with Mailchimp integration behind the scenes, so while I can't promise anything, I think this will be a popular request.

Thanks so much for your question, emily!

• Emily
      • Flash Drive

Is there anything I can do in the meantime? I've already spent a good deal of money having coursepress pro customized for my site at it totally conflicted with them, so I really don't want to switch to WP courseware at this point (the have mailchimp integration). It was between that and your plugin and I chose yours because of the discussion feature and because I didn't know if was going to conflict so badly with my theme.

Is there a anything I can do to make the email list work?

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey there Emily,

Hope you're doing well today!

You could use it with our Mailchimp integration plugin: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/mailchimp-newsletter-integration/

It will allow you to automatically subscribe newly registered users, so it won't manage them course specific but it will subscribe all your new users and then you can manage them as needed :slight_smile:

Another option is to combine CoursePress with our Protected Content plugin and instead of selling the courses through MarketPress, you can protect them with Protected Content then sell them through that :slight_smile: it supports recurring subscriptions too, plus has mailchimp integration so you can add registered users to certain list, members to a certain list, and deactivated membership members to a certain list.

Hope this helps Emily! Let us know if you have any further questions here.

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.