Can I integrate e-Newsletter with Google Groups?

Wow, e-Newsletter is slick! I had considered using Mailchimp but now I have one less thing to manage.
I'm hoping you can help me with a "How To". We have a Google Group with over 500 persons that we use for Chapter announcements. We're able to restrict who can send to that group and it sends to all recipients.
Can I simply add the Group email address as a "member" of my e-Newsletter? I don't want them to be Wordpress members, I simply want the email address as a member so that when I send out a Newsletter it goes to that address.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there @Richard

I hope you're well today!

There's no such thing as a dumb question; never feel bad about not knowing something and asking about it. :slight_smile:

I'm glad you found a way to get things working the way you want them to. And thanks for confirming the issue resolved too.

• Ash
      • WordPress Hacker

Hello @chathura

The easiest part is - e-newsletter comes with a subscription form widget and normally you place the widget in sidebar or footer. So, you can just add the email address from the front end form of e-newsletter :slight_smile:

Cheers
      Ash

• Rich
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

LOL. I didn't intend to be deprecating in my comment. Google groups have a Group email address that permits authorized users to send to that address and the message will be broadcast to all users. The backend of Google groups has all the tracking of bouncing as well as subscribe/unsubscribe so I didn't need that feature.

I just needed the ability to select that group email address as the recipient for an e-Newsletter.

Within the e-Newsletter settings click on Members

Click on the Show New Member / Import Forms button.

From there you'll be able to add that Google Groups email to your members. You can also create a User Group within e-Newsletter to put that one member in so you have a selected destination for the Newsletter.

• Rich
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

OK, I just realized I have to re-open this because I have another issue. I am able to send out to my Google Groups address but I don't want the built-in Unsubscribe link to show at the bottom of the page. I can't find a setting to disable the Unsubscribe/Subscribe links at the bottom of the emails that are generated. I'm worried that people will click on those and it will unsubscribe the entire Google Group.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Richard

I hope you are well today.

Unsubscribe link is required in a newsletter. There are laws that requires it. You may take a look here: http://www.benchmarkemail.com/help-FAQ/answer/why-is-the-unsubscribe-link-mandatory-in-my-campaigns

However, if you really want to do it, you need to go to /e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/templates/ACTIVE TEMPLATE/template.html and delete the following:

<table class="content content_footer" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
    				<tr>
    					<td class="unsubscribe">
    						Not interested anymore? <a href="{UNSUBSCRIBE_URL}" style="color:{LINK_COLOR};">Unsubscribe Instantly.</a>
    					</td>
    				 </tr>
    			</table>

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.