can I limit group calendar events to the Sub-site they are located on

I am using group calendars on a multisite network where every sub site has the exact same theme and plugins. I am seeing the same events from one site across all the sites, not always, but most of the time. Can the group calendar events be limited to a sub site?

• Ash

Hello @jono_39

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

The group calendar is associated with BuddyPress and buddypress needs to be network activated to work properly. As buddypress turns your site into a social networking site, so all of your users will see same BP user info, doesn't matter which site they are right then. What you can do is not network activating the plugin, you can activate the plugin in the subsites you want to show.

But honestly, I am not sure if this works perfectly when buddypress is network activated. But worth a test.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there.

As Ash mentioned, BuddyPress does need to be network activated :slight_smile:

It can't be done on a single site, by default it works from the main site. You can however have it display on any or all sub sites, but they still share the same walls, groups, users, etc, in other words they are not independent setups.

As such New Blog Template wouldn't copy data over. Sorry.

If each site needs it's own events and cal then what about using something like Events+?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/events-plus/

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

Take care and have a great weekend! :slight_smile: