can i link a membership site to a FB group, and when you're in the FB group, you're a memb

Hi guys, we're doing this backwards...

we have a fb group, that we want to link up to a website.

we're trying to have only members of the fb group get access to the membership area. is that possible to have the fb group membership and the website membership auto-sync?

looking forward to hearing back from you.

thanks

Symi.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello there Symi,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

Unfortunately what you are looking to do is not possible out of the box or with some simple code.

It will require a modification to the plugin and a good amount of custom coding.

If you want to do it manually, then you can simply provide a link to the contact form on your group page, and the members can fill that form.

Then you can manually create their accounts and give them access.

If you want to automate this, you will need someone to do that for you. A place to start looking for someone is here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/

Cheers, PC

• Symi
    • The Crimson Coder

thanks PC, i appreciate your feedback.

two-way syncs between FB and WP would be really nice though.

and it would be something that I'd think would be the next step on the Ultimate FB plugin. :slight_smile:

do we have a wishlist? where i can add this?

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there Symi,

Thanks for posting back.

I have moved this to "Features and Feedback" and sent a flag to our lead developer @Eugene Manuilov and also tagged @Vladislav (Ultimate Facebook)

I reckon some kind of Facebook group integration would be a nice addon.

Lets see if our developers have anything like that on their plans or the product team finds it a suitable task to put Development hours on it :slight_smile:

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.