Can I make the confirm button be combined with the paypal button?

Many people are missing pressing the 2nd confirm button for PayPal.
Is there a way to just combine these two functions as other websites?
Or causing the user to go to another page once the 1st confirm is clicked telling them there is one more step?
and then maybe a thank you page after payment is made via paypal?

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi @dolce_jolie,

I don't think this is currently possible. I guess with the marketpress integration, you could add the appointment as a product in marketpress, so when they press the confirm button, the Buy now or Add to cart button will appear, Users should then realise that they need to click the button to continue & pay.

I will certainly add this to the feature requests though for the developer to consider in a future release as I think it would cut down on the confusion.

Hope this helps

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi there,

You can achieve this by changing the code in the following Appointments + plugin files as below.

Appointments + plugin file on line number 189 :
    appointments/app-ajax-shortcode.js

Appointments + plugin file on line number 1952 :
    appointments/includes/class_app_shortcodes.php

Before Editing:
    $(".appointments-paypal").show();

After Editing:
    $(".appointments-paypal .app_submit_btn").trigger("click");

Note: You are making changes in the plugin file and these changes will be overwritten and lost when you update the plugin and you will have to make these again after plugin updation.

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Molly Ogren
    • New Recruit

Thank you, Vinod. You saved me a lot of time digging and trying to figure this out for myself. This should be a "check the box" option as a part of the plugin's regular function. I've had several people think they've scheduled appointments with me without actually processing their payments. It's confusing the way it works, currently.

I'd love to see this added to the plugin as an option to save me from having to remember to fix it when I update :slight_smile:.

• Ignacio
    • HummingBird

Hi everybody.

There's an even more easy way to do that without touching any Appintments+ code. Just paste the following code into your functions.php file or, even better, your own plugin for hacking other plugins:

EDIT: code was a little ugly so I better provide a link: https://gist.github.com/igmoweb/b4f4ac7bcab753f752d1
    ( Be careful with the <?php opening tag)

What the code does is: If confirmation shortcode scripts are enqueued, once the confirmation is done and if Paypal button is visible, triggers the Paypal button (it's actually a form, so it submits it), and it shows the spinner gif (so the user is aware that something is still loading).

I hope it works

Regards.
    Ignacio.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.