Can I make the overview of an event public but keep details private?

I need to know if there is a away to show the Overview (such as the title and time of an event) public. But at the same time, I want to keep the details private, such as the address and the poster. Is this possible?

• Hoang Ngo

Hi there @Chris,

I hope you are well today.

For archive this feature, we will need to modify the code.

Line 1041 file wp-content/plugins/bp-group-calendar/groupcalendar/bp-group-calendar.php, you will see the code look like this

<?php if ($event->event_location) : ?>
    	    <h6 class="event-label"><?php _e('Location:', 'groupcalendar'); ?></h6>
      	  <div class="event-location">

<?php echo stripslashes($event->event_location); ?>

<?php if ($event->event_map) : ?>
        	  <span class="event-map">
        	    <a href="<?php echo $map_url; ?>" target="_blank" title="<?php _e('View Google Map of Event Location', 'groupcalendar'); ?>"><?php _e('Map', 'groupcalendar'); ?> &raquo;</a>
        	  </span>
      	  <?php endif; ?>

</div>
    	  <?php endif; ?>

Please modify it like this:

<?php if ($event->event_location) : ?>
    	    <h6 class="event-label"><?php _e('Location:', 'groupcalendar'); ?></h6>
      	  <div class="event-location">
    		  <?php if( is_user_logged_in()): ?>

<?php echo stripslashes($event->event_location); ?>

<?php if ($event->event_map) : ?>
        	  <span class="event-map">
        	    <a href="<?php echo $map_url; ?>" target="_blank" title="<?php _e('View Google Map of Event Location', 'groupcalendar'); ?>"><?php _e('Map', 'groupcalendar'); ?> &raquo;</a>
        	  </span>
      	  <?php endif; ?>
    			<?php else: ?>
    			  <?php _e('User must be a member to view this information','groupcalendar') ?>
    			<?php endif; ?>
          </div>
    	  <?php endif; ?>

So this will don't show the location for visitor, and output a message told them to login to see the information.

If you have any issues please don't hesitate to let us know so we can assist

Best Regards
    Hoang

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.