Can I make WPMU DEV dashboard available to more than one admin?

Hi,

We've already installed the WPMU DEV dashboard plugin successfully on 60daymba.com; I can see it fine, and one of my new admins (whom I've added to the site) can see that we've installed the plugin...but he can't actually seem to add the plugin to his dashboard view (i.e. along the leftmost column of tabs on his admin dashboard) to use its features.

Is there any way for my additional admin to get access to WPMU DEV in his admin dashboard? If you could please copy him on this reply (his e-mail is scdas AT umich DOT edu), we would much appreciate it!

• PC

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

While I can not copy someone in the reply to this post, you can see the steps here : I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard/#usage

2. If you get locked out or need to enable a different user, or want to enable multiple users, you can simply put this in your wp-config.php file:

Place these just above the following line:
    /* That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */
    define('WPMUDEV_LIMIT_TO_USER', '1'); – for one user.
    define('WPMUDEV_LIMIT_TO_USER', '1, 10');- Or enter a comma separated list for multiple users. They are all user IDs

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC

• Charlie Pryor

Can you see the browser's status bar? I usually find out a user's ID number from the USERS menu section.

From the user area, all the way to the right, you'll see the "Posts" column. Hover your mouse over that number, and see the status bar for the browser (usually on the bottom of the browser, it shows where you would go if you clicked). Then, the User ID (author=x) will be revealed as part of the URL in the browser status bar.

• Charlie Pryor

If the user doesn't have any posts though, that won't work. However, you can still see the user ID of the user if you click their name to edit their profile. When you click their name in the list of users from the dashboard, and you enter the "Edit user" section for that account, take a look up at the URL field of your browser. You'll see the following:

.com/wp-admin/user-edit.php?user_id=##&wp_http_referer........

That bold area is the user ID for the user you've clicked on. the ## symbols will be a number instead of the symbols.

Hope that helps!

• PC

Hello @technomadia

Thanks for posting back.

Just to add to Charlie's suggestion you can also hover or click on delete on a particular user and it will show the user id id in the link at the bottom of the address bar (if delete is clicked)

Screenshot attached.

Also - is there a way to make the Dashboard visible for all users automatically?

Unfortunately no. There it can not be made visible to all the users of your network. This is setup in such a way so that accidentally you do not provide access to your API key to any one who should not have access to it.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.