Can I manually sign up someone for membership?

I wanted to know if I can manually add or update someone into Membership without interfering with the payment gateway process. I saw a note that said there could be an issue. We use authorize.net

Essentially trying to figure out if we have a program that does not require a credit card up front, can we add them as a member and have the system notify them at the end of the trial period when the credit card is required?

• brian9500

It does, however there was a note on one of your pages that said if I do the process manually that it could interfere with the payment gateway. I just wanted to be sure that if I had a membership that was set up that way that I could indeed manually put them in.

Specifically, here is my situation. We have a beta test starting and we are going to offer a special program for them. It is not set up as a page on our site since it's just for our beta testers so I will need to enter them in. the initial sign up should not require a credit card but when the period ends (let's say 1 month) I want to make sure they are prompted to enter their payment info. Make sense?

• Mike

Hi @brian9500

We're just doing a little housekeeping to see if we have dropped the ball anywhere. We haven't replied here for over 6 months which is obviously not good enough. And I apologise for that.

I noticed in another thread that you were looking for an alternative solution for membership so I assume that this is no longer an issue, however if it is please feel free to open this discussion again.

Cheers,
    Mike

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.