Can I offer free domain with ProSites & Domain mapping?

Can I offer free domain with ProSites & Domain mapping applied only to certain level accounts. Similar to SquareSpace

• Ryan

Hiya, it looks like SquareSpace offers a free domain if you sign up for an annual plan. So what they would be doing is taking that $96 dollars they get from the customer, and spending $9 to register a domain for them.

You could easily do this as well... but there's no way around paying that domain registration fee.

Taking care of this technical details is a great "value-added" service to provide for your customers, and $9 is a small price to pay for the potential of years of hosting revenue from attracting a new customer.

I plan to do the same thing for the Pro Sites project I'm building right now.

• Ash

Hello @mgc544

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

Yes, you can do it. Nothing wrong with it to do. Ryan gave here a nice example.

In addition, domain mapping has nothing to do to provide a free domain. Currently only enom is included with domain mapping plugin, but I don't believe it can be used to provide free domain. You need to buy that domain for the member.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.